It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Zakuro (ザクロ, Zākurō) is the Storm Funeral Wreath and as such possesses the Storm Mare Ring. With the other Funeral Wreaths, Zakuro reigned over other parallel universes; however, in this universe, they instead faced great misfortunes. However, Byakuran found them and, because of their resolution to him, showed them how to become stronger. Zakuro is a rather odd character as he seems to have several mood swings throughout his appearance. In order to prove his loyalty to Byakuran, Zakuro destroyed his entire hometown by erupting all the volcanos nearby while happily taking a bath in the burning lava. His favorite word is"idjit."
He is first seen playing cards with Kikyo prior to the instigation of Choice. He, along with the other Funeral Wreaths, is present at Tsuna's Choice arena. Zakuro is put on the sidelines for the fight.
After the Millefiore won Choice and Yuni defected to the Vongola side, the Six Funeral Wreaths pursued them to Namimori. Zakuro was the first to find them at the Vongola Hideout. Squalo attempted to slow him down but was soon defeated when Zakuro destroyed the base. Zakuro then chased the Vongola to Kawahira's shop but was tricked by one of Kawahira's Illusions. On the day of the final battle, Zakuro defeated Lal Mirch and Gamma with his Box of Carnage. However, Gokudera was able to blow off one of his arms with his Vongola Box. Before the fight could be finished, Bluebell incapacitated Gokudera and the Varia. Zakuro fought Xanxus, luring him to where Kikyo was so that he could strike from behind. The Varia were however revealed to be Illusions created by Mukuro and Flan. During a full out battle with the Vongola, Ghost arrived and killed Zakuro by absorbing his Dying Will Flames.
Zakuro is seen along with the other Six Funeral Wreaths with Byakuran at the Giglio Nero Famiglia's mansion awaiting Yuni to be released from the Sky Pacifier in his present form. Later, he appears on the second day of the Representative Battle of the Rainbow and is determined to fight against Team Verde, activating his Storm Box of Carnage, but his Rainbow Wristwatch is destroyed by Mukuro.
Weapons And AbilitiesLike the other Funeral Wreaths, Zakuro has been told about all the opponents Byakuran has fought in parallel worlds. As such, he knows all their techniques, strengths, and weaknesses. Zakuro's Storm Flame is strong enough to create an aura around himself that degenerates anything he approaches and bath in magma.
- Invisible Storm Flames: Zakuro possesses the ability to create an invisible Storm Flame. This Flame is very large and hard to detect.
- Storm Box of Carnage: Zakuro's most powerful Weapon, a Box Weapon placed where his heart would be. When activated, it transforms him into a a T-Rex/human hybrid with wing-shape Storm Flames. This makes him larger, stronger, and faster. As well as this he gains a hardened set of scales that can defend against most attacks. He can also fire bursts of Storm Flames from his hands and over time he can also heal himself.
- Magma Infiammato: An ability that Zakuro uses with his Box of Carnage. He blasts a jet of magma from his hand. He used this attack on Gokudera.
- The Real Six Funeral Wreaths are all named after Flowers. Zakuro was named after the Pomegranate Flower.
- He first appeared bathing in a volcano's magma.
- Before he was found by Byakuran, Zakuro suffered in poverty. In Kikyo's flashback, he was supposedly grieving over the death of someone.
- He has a habit of saying baru.