It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Ricardo was the second boss of the Vongola Famiglia. He first appeared when the previous Vongola Bosses gathered during the Vongola Trial. His Dying Will Flame became known as the Flame of Wrath, which Xanxus, who coincidentally looks similar in appearance, inherits. It is said during his reign he was the fear of the underworld (though it is slightly implied that this is a rumor), because of his flame's incredible destructive power, he wields no supporting weapon and instead only shoots his flames out from his hands. According to the Ninth, the Vongola's ways began to change starting from the second's reign.
Ricardo was also stated to have unrivaled combat abilities, and an intensity which Xanxus shares.
AppearanceRicardo has long black hair that is tied up much like Future Mukuro. His eyes are green and he wears a black suit, with a brown dress shirt underneath. He also has sideburns that are pointy at the end, making them his most noticeable characteristic.
Not much has been revealed about Ricardo's past. He is in someway related to Primo since he most likely has the Vongola blood running within him. After Daemon betrayed the first-generation family, he later became Secondo's mist guardian through unknown circumstances. His relationship with Daemon is unknown, but is most likely that he was admired because his personality fitted the profile of Daemon's idol Vongola boss.
The Second appears along with the rest of the previous Vongola Bosses when Tsuna was to undergo the Vongola Trial. While Tsuna was trapped in Future Hibari's cloud hedgehog, his Vongola Ring emitted images to his head. The previous Vongola Bosses stated that they were the past sins and crimes of the Vongola. The previous bosses demanded Tsuna to accept the bloody history of the Vongola if he wanted to be strong, but Tsuna refused to do so and stated that he would rather destroy the Vongola than accept their sins. Vongola Primo and the other bosses accepted Tsuna's resolve as the successor to the Vongola and granted him the proof of the Vongola. Tsuna X-Gloves were then upgraded into the X-Gloves Version Vongola Ring as proof that he earned the Vongola Inheritance.
- Flame of Wrath - Vongola Secondo was the only Vongola boss that did not use a weapon, but instead an ability called the 'Flame of Wrath'. It was said to be the most destructive Flame among all of the Vongola Bosses.
- According to Xanxus, it was because of his power that Giotto moved to Japan, out of fear of facing the new boss's anger himself. Daemon Spade however, later states that this is false, claiming that it was he who forced Giotto to step down despite being one of his Guardians.
- His Mist Guardian was Daemon Spade, who was also Primo's Mist Guardian.
- During the battle between Rasiel and Xanxus, Olgert stated that Xanxus, in appearance and strength, resembles the Second Vongola boss.
- The name Ricardo translates as "powerful leader" in Italian. It could also be an Italianization of "Richard" in English.
- Besides Vongola Nono, Decimo and Primo, Vongola Secondo has been mentioned the most in the manga.