The Vongola Boss is the highest position in the hierarchy of the Vongola Famiglia. As the Vongola Famiglia is the strongest Mafia family in existence, a Vongola Boss can be considered as the highest position in the Mafia overall.
The Vongola Boss has the power to command everything under his/her jurisdiction. This power stems from a long history of strength and authority that every former Vongola Boss seems to have. The Vongola Bosses are also known for having the power to see through all, a trait passed down from Vongola Primo called Vongola Hyper Intuition.
Succession EditThe Blood of Vongola is said to be required in order for one to become a Boss candidate, meaning that only blood relatives of Giotto are eligible for the position of Vongola boss and adopted members of the Famiglia are not accepted. It is unknown how Vongola Secondo and the successors were accepted.
The Vongola Trial is a trial that every Vongola Boss must pass in order to gain great power. The bosses need to be in a near-death experience in order to take the trial, and must be able to deal with the sins committed by the Famiglia.
Should the choices of both parties be different, Half Vongola Rings are handed to the chosen heirs and guardians. A battle will occur between the candidates and the winner will claim the both halves of the rings and the title.
Other Decimo candidates Edit
- Akira Amano included an extra drawing of the possible Vongola Quindecimo tearing through a robot in Rebo to Dlive.
- Besides Tsuna, the only other three bosses to take a place in the anniversary polls are Giotto, Timoteo, and Daniela.
- Despite not having any lines in either manga or anime, Daniela placed 10th and 6th in the fourth and fifth anniversary Popular Character polls, respectively.
- Timoteo only ever reached 15th in the fourth anniversary, "Most Wanted Future Versions" poll.
- According to Reborn, all Vongola Bosses are classified into either the militant faction or the moderate faction, Timoteo being an example of a boss from the moderate faction.