Simon Cozzato was the first boss of the Simon Famiglia. He lived at the same time as Giotto. They were friends and treated each other like brothers. His blood was used in the Vongola Sin. Orders to protect Simon's grave have been passed down from generation to generation. It was not until an earthquake, which was supposedly caused when Tsuna and his Family returned from the future, uncovered treasures from his grave - the Simon Rings. Cozzato appears to have the similar abilities to Enma Kozato, as seen by the crest generated around his gauntlet, which is the same as Enma's.
Cozzato greatly resembles Enma. He has short spiky red hair and red eyes with Simon Famiglia crest in it. At his first appearance, he wears a black vest with a white shirt beneath, black long pants, and a black cap. Later on, he is shown to wear the Simon uniform similar to Enma's but with an additional pair of epaulettes on his shoulders.
Cozzato is a kind young man who shares the same justice as his best friend, Giotto. He cares for both his friends and Family and would do his best to help them in any way despite the consequences that might fall upon him. Once he forms bonds with people, he would placed his utmost trust and faith in them; particularly Giotto and both their Famiglias.
Weapons and Abilities
Cozzato is capable of using the Dying Will Flame which is a form of high pressured energy capable of having destructive powers or purifying evil auras. It initially lies within a person's body until it is awakened, helping increase a person's strength. When a person is able to control the full potential and power of the Dying Will they are able to go to (Hyper) Dying Will Mode any time.
- Hyper Dying Will Mode: This is when one has been hit with the Criticism Shot or ingested two Dying Will Pills. Hyper Dying Will, instead of removing external limiters on the body and using pressure during a crisis, removes internal limiters; therefore, releasing the person's hidden awareness.
- Simon Ring: Cozzato possesses one of the seven Simon Rings, When activated, his Ring becomes a gauntlet on both forearms, surrounded by rings of unidentified text.
- Earth Flame: Cozzato possesses one of the Seven Flames of the Earth. He possesses the Earth Flame, which allows him to manipulate gravity.
- Cozzato and Enma have some similarities:
- Both are similar in appearance.
- Both are Bosses of the Simon Famiglia.
- Both can go into Hyper Dying Will Mode.
- Both have similar Gauntlets.
- Both seem to have the emblem of the Simon Famiglia in their eyes
- Enma's family name, Kozato, could be seen as a Japanese version of Simon Cozzato's last name.
- Both befriended Vongola bosses of their generations (Cozzato with Giotto, and Enma with Tsuna).