Character outline[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Shoichi has red hair and wears glasses, in the present his eyes appear mostly black but in the future they appear to be green. He has a thin build. In his debut appearance, he wore a brown long-sleeved shirt with a thick yellow stripe across the chest and grey trousers over green shoes. While working for Byakuran, he wore the standard white Millefiore uniform.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Shoichi is anxious and has a somewhat bad temper, but is also a strong-willed and loyal person. He's also very cunning and intelligent, being able to perfectly execute the elaborate plans he made with Tsuna's future self, although Byakuran saw through the deception.
Weapons and abilities[edit | edit source]
- Fake Sun Mare Ring: Shoichi used this to transform Merone Base and control the vegetation to attack intruders. It was destroyed by Byakuran because of his betrayal.
- Merone Base - The Merone Base is the Millefiore Base in Japan and Shoichi's Box Weapon. The layout of the Merone Base allows the separate rooms to be moved around like a puzzle controlled by Shoichi.
- Cube - It is a design for a robot without a shape being able to change its shape to whatever it needs to be made by Shoichi and was sent to Spanner. When Spanner's computer crashed, it was launched as an enemy in the Virtual World simulation for Tsuna. When moving, it has many uses, such as lightning beams, homing lasers, barriers, and super speed, all of which can be done by changing into one of the cube's six sides. Reborn seemed to be interested in building it in real life. Spanner said it is possible.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He kept the old package from the Bovino Famiglia near his desk.
- He went to Yumei Private Middle School in Namimori.
- He ranked 18th in a recent popularity poll, making him the 3rd most popular character in the Future Arc after Spanner and Byakuran.
- He is a fan of the band Blood & Peppers. Music got him through tough times when he was still working for Byakuran, as stated by himself.
- Shoichi tends to overwork himself, once to the point where he fell asleep midway through undressing.
- In the future, he is shown to have a level of concern for Lambo.
- He gets uncontrollable stomach pains when anxious.
- When he was younger, Shoichi's dream was to become a musician. After his first trip to the future, where he sees that he was studying at an engineering university and had not achieved his dream, he burned all of his textbooks and wrote that 'he would die if he didn't become a musician' on his career papers. When he travelled to the future again, he was a musician in a rundown bar.
- His mother and sister appeared briefly in his debut chapter, but his father hasn't been seen so far.
- In the manga, he appears much earlier on, even before some of the main characters were introduced during the Daily Life Arc. In contrast, in the anime, he still appears during the Daily Life Arc before the Future Arc begins.
- Curiously, he is shown to know G-speak, a language that Gokudera made up in class. This is evidenced by the fact that he wrote the letter that instructed Tsuna to kill him, and Gokudera said that it was in G-speak. It is never explained how or why he knows it, given that Future Gokudera never interacted with him.
- He has the same voice actor as Chikusa.
- His father, Masatsugu, works middle management for a small business.
- His mother, Tomoko, is relatively airheaded. Her hobby is taishōgoto (Nagoya harp).
- Character Songs Featured In:
References[edit | edit source]
- Amano, Akira. Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Vongola 77. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2007. Print. p.47
- Amano, Akira. REBORN! ēlDLIVE character's 365. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2016. Print.
- Amano, Akira. Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Vongola 77. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2007. Print. p.86
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 29, Haru's Haru Haru Interview
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 21: Chapter 189