Ryohei Sasagawa is the older brother of Kyoko Sasagawa who is obsessed with boxing. Living life to the extreme, he is a third year student at Namimori Middle School and the captain of the boxing club.
Character Outline Edit
As the older brother of Kyoko, Ryohei looks noticeably different compared to his sister. He is a teenager with tanned skin, gray eyes, and white hair. As a child, he received a scar on his left temple after an accident in primary school.
The most recurring outfit of Ryohei is his Namimori Junior High uniform. He wears a black sweater, with a white formal shirt underneath, and gray pants.
Ryohei's most defining traits are his adhesive bandage on his nose, and the sports tape around his arms.
His motto is to live "to the extreme!", which he applies to everything he does. As such, he prefers to fight his opponents head on, seeing any disadvantage as a chance to improve his fighting skills. He even barged into a zoo, expecting to fight a bear, but ended up fighting a lion instead. Every time he sees Tsunayoshi Sawada and his friends doing something strange, he gets riled up and wants to be a part of it. Due to Ryohei's enthusiasm, he often rushes into things without fully evaluating the situation, which often results in his injury. He also has a short memory and forgets many important details, something his future-self overcame by writing memos.
Ryohei is a very loyal person, especially to his friends. Without thinking twice, he will protect his friends in need and never hesitate to go full-out in order to protect them.
He has a soft spot for girls and children. He stated that girls and children shouldn't allowed to participate in battle, as he never agree to bring his sister Kyoko, Haru Miura, and I-Pin to battlefield during the Choice Game. During the Future Final Battle Arc, he volunteered to watch over Lambo so he could protect him whenever the situation becomes tough. His future self seems understand how to make children happy, as he gave I-Pin a doll that resembles her master, Fon and a lollipop for Lambo.
After becoming a mafia for ten years, Ryohei noticeably become maturer than her younger self. Unlike his younger self, the older Ryohei is much less reckless and could discuss a serious matter with cool head.
Weapons and Abilities Edit
Ryohei is an excellent boxer who possesses great strength, always training nonstop and wanting to improve his skills as a boxer, and fight against opponents that has an extreme spirit, like Tsuna does in Dying Will Mode. His boxing training resulted in his proficiency in hand-to-hand combat, and ability to take and give a huge amount of physical punishment. Even the Dying Will Bullet, which increases a person's strength by removing the body's limiters, has no effect on him since he always lives "to the extreme".
- Boxing: Ryohei uses boxing techniques to perform his other techniques.
- Maximum Cannon: During Ryohei's training, Colonnello shot him with a spiritually condensed bullet that risked death. By surviving Ryohei's potential was unlocked, enabling him to unleash a blow strong enough to destroy buildings.
- Maximum Ingram: While using Lussuria's footwork the number of blows dealt with a regular Maximum Cannon are multiplied.
- Maximum Combination: A high speed range of punches using both arms. While it is not as strong as other attacks, it is almost impossible to dodge.
- Sunshine Counter: It uses the damage previously taken and fires it in a blast of sun flames. The more damage taken before it is used, the more damage it deals. Once released, it takes the form of a burning sun, with solar flares coming out of it, and then it shoots in a direct blast that destroys anything it touches.
- Sunshine Straight: Ryohei lands a straight on the target powered up by 20% of the Sun Flames of his Cambio Forma Version X.
- Sunshine Uppercut: A powerful uppercut that can be powered up when more damage is taken prior to usage. Similar to Sunshine Counter, it creates the sun like figure and releases the blast, this time, raising instead
- Vongola Sun Ring: Won during the Sun Ring Battle. As part of the Tri-Ni-Set it is classed as S-rank. Ryohei is capable of releasing Sun Dying Will Flames from his Ring and use its Activation ability to speed up the natural healing process. Even though the Sun Flame is traditionally used for healing Ryohei has been shown to release them in massive amounts that overpower enemies. The Vongola Rings were later granted their true forms by the Vongola Primo; however, they were later broken by the Simon Famiglia.
- Canguro del Sereno ver. Vongola : Ryohei's Box Weapon is a battle-scarred kangaroo, Kangaryuu (漢我流 lit. "My Way Of Honor"), that can release Sereno Gloves and Dying Will Flame Boots. When updated to her Vongola Box Form, Kangaryu gained a pair of turrets on her back, has her own Boxing Gloves and is capable of flight. When released from the Ryohei's Sun Bangle, Canguro del Sereno ver. X gained armor that covered her whole body but no longer needed the turrets to enter Cambio Forma.
- Dying Will Flame Boots: A device that allows Ryohei to fly by blasting him off emitting Sun flames through the soles. Ryohei is the only member of the Vongola Famiglia who uses them.
- Motorcycle : Used to travel great distances without the use of Dying Will Flames, thus escaping detection.
- Saldatore del Sereno: A scalpel that heals others' wounds over time.
- Knuckle's Maximum Break: Kangaryuu merges with Ryohei, to form the Weapon of the 1st Generation Vongola Sun Guardian, Knuckle, a pair of boxing gloves and head gear. In its Version X form it also includes a right shoulder armor, shin high boots and upper thigh Armor. Culminating with tassel adorned gauntlet and wristwear along with some boxing gloves and headgear while the Bangle of the sun adorns his left arm.
- Bangle of the Sun Version X: Upgraded version of the Vongola Sun Ring combined with Garyuu's box ring.
- Ryohei's Cambio Forma Version Vongola Gear: The Vongola Gear version of Ryohei's new weapon takes the form of red boxing gloves adorning yellow and silver bracelets coupling with thigh, knee and shin guards ending in a pair of boots which function similarly to a pair of Dying Will Flame Boots enabling him flight and stationary hovering. it also holds a solid gold boxing helmet and more decorated bangle design, both carrying the emblem of the sun guardian of the Vongola Famiglia. The core attribute of the Cambio Forma Version X is that not only does it no longer require a 3 min time limit to use remaining in active form indefinitely, but it also enhances the activation properties of his sun flames.to boost attack strength by taking and dealing out back damage as indicated by the 10 points on his gear bangle.
- It is speculated that Hana Kurokawa is the woman he is romantically involved with, as both of the pictures in their house are very similar.
- Tsuna refers to Ryohei as "big brother" (onii-san) just like Kyoko. He is also nicknamed "Turf Top/Lawn-head," by Gokudera and Lambo and referred to as "Senpai" by Yamamoto.
- Ryohei and Knuckle both have the same Seiyu.
- His catchphrase is "Extreme" (極限, kyokugen?).
- Ryohei is a horrible swimmer who sinks to the bottom and twitches. He is unaware of this and ironically works part-time as a lifeguard.
- He had gone to Hibari's house several times to challenge him but always ends up kicked out of the house by Hibari himself.
- His pride is that he always fights one on one as a boxer.
- According to Reborn in Haru's Haru Haru Interview: Dangerous, his weakness is when his sister is crying.
- He is always in a state similar to Dying Will Mode, which is why the Dying Will Bullet is ineffective against him.
- When he was shot with a Dying Will Bullet, he had a Sky flame instead of his normal Sun flame. This is due to the other flame colors not being introduced at the time.
- It was shown that Ryohei has extremely bad drawing skills.
- Character Songs Featured In:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Amano, Akira. Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Vongola 77. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2007. Print. p.50
- ↑ Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 42: Chapter 409
- ↑ Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 25: Chapter 232
- ↑ Amano, Akira. Reborn Colore!. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2010. Print.
- ↑ Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 007
- ↑ Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 25: Chapter 230