I was thinking of starting this project as well. Since this is a very large scale project, this is gonna take a lot of time. And we won't have Wikipedia's summaries for support either as, from what I saw, they dont do manga summaries. But, well, everything's gotta start somewhere, so I think I'll get started from the latest chapter, and, well, hopefully, at some point in the future, this project would be completed...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 16:51, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- If anyone has the time to help, the history of the Main page has quite a few summaries. Although pretty short, it is a good starting point...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 18:22, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Can this be added to the list as Detailed Manga chapter summaries, im working on this right now. But its clear that it will take awhile--The Forest That shall defeat all That stands in its way, XIII-DARKNESS 13:41, September 17, 2010 (UTC)
Character Cards Page
An unregistered contributer created the page today, but unfortunately, the only content was "hehehehe i dont still know". But well, it would be a good page to have, so if someone has knowledge on these cards, it'll be nice if you can create it...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 13:22, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
update of the ineritance cerimony arc in the character pages
a lot of character pages are not update about the recent story we must work on this with a order... like gokudera lambo e yamamoto missing the part about the fight with deamon. Nitram86 17:49, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
In a way, Not a Suggestion
I have already made my claim about this to D. ian but i want to actually see it get off this list. I and other users of the wikia, I have talked to members of Reborn! Wikia in other medias, would not like to see Fandom shorthand or character songs leave the trivia. I know we have pages for them but who has time to look at all of them/search. It is much easier to search character shorthands by the name of the character. Example, a new user or returning one doesn't know the fandom of Basil. Instead of searching that entire page; the person can easily type "Basil," scroll to the search section, look at the first one, which is normally the fandom, and know the answer just that quick. It's neat and organized; also, more people know the character name then fandom. My second thing is the song section. Now, i really don't mind if you take appearances in OPs, since there isn't one for EDs, but i would like to keep character songs. I think, especially since it's at the end, it is helpful for others for quick reference on what songs the character has sung in. Example: Someone wants to know if Basil was in a character song. Instead of searching, they can go to his page and check (RIGHT NOW). I think it's a little more convenient. I'm not trying to be a pain, but i want to make sure everyone is on the same page. The one that floats over the Wiki... Chrome9669 17:28, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
I thought of this one day... I've seen the To Do List, and the removal of the OneManga references, so those articles are somewhat lacking in references. I think that as an important thing to do, we should put on the To Do List to reference all the articles that were previously referenced to One Manga and reference it to IES, as we're following its translations. How about it. — 02:36, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
New Image Categories
So...I decided to run this horrible idea since I'm not a hundred percent sure if anyone would want to do it/I have my doubts on getting people to go for it. Also, It'll sound a little dumb and redundant so here goes nothing. What do you think if I went back to the very beginning of the uploads (going to New uploads on this wikia and clicking last 48 by 1000000xs no doubt) and re-categorize the pics as which Arc they belong in. NOW, I know what sounds like a total waste of an edit but think about it. Since AG, Frost, and I (naming biggest and recent contributions of anime pics especially) do upload anime scenes, I think it would make it super easy for anyone to check to see if the image we have was already uploaded. Like, I myself have to check each character picture to see if we have it then go and upload it, which this process would be easier since I could do like "Images of Choice Arc" and look through it that way instead character by character. We could also do AG's idea on the new template for the pics that can be edited in the process so "two" projects could be killed with one stone. Also, even if this doesn't work, I can always start AG's idea SINCE i've been wanting to go back to the beginning and double check pics for duplicates and what not. Also, I kind of been wanting to create another category for Images of Covers for the CDs and what not...What do you think? Bad? Any suggestions on making this idea better? Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 21:10, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Support - I think that's a good idea, though I think we could do something in addition... We could create the arc category, but we could create sub-categories for each anime picture. It's really troublesome, I know, but it would keep things A LOT more organized and it would make AG's fairuse template idea even easier to fill out, as there's an episode tab in the fairuse template. We could do the same for the manga pics as well. For example: "Episode 26 Images" or "Chapter 367 Images", something like that. Even though it's a huge amount of edits, I'm up for the idea, we really need to organize our pics. —
- Of course the manga would be applied to the categories, the template would still need to be installed anyway. The reason why I haven't batched the rest of the pics was due to wanting to see if this was going to go through or not. So...if i support and neutral does that mean we can begin? I'll take me a good few minutes to even get to the beginning of the uploads on the new uploads page. It was an idea to organize the wikia clearer and I think it'll do just that if we take the time. BTW for pics that we are totally unsure of what episode, I can always keep the link and post it like on my profile, since IDK where else they would go, for someone else to handle if they happen to come across it. IDK about the sub categories since we already have a template. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 15:52, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- EDIT: While going through the pics, I've noticed that we have some manga pics of the already anime-d pics. Should we just delete the manga pics that are already in anime format (like pics of Chrome in Future or the Disappearing suite guys? -forgotnames-)? Also, Fair Use template, should replace-ability always be set to no or maybe? I say that any image can always be replaced by a better one day but for safety reasons no? Also, since I got a no once, would it be wrong to delete over duplicated re-uploaded images? Might as well ask these things. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 16:39, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- EDIT2: So this is what it'll kind of look like~ here for the information that way everyone can keep track of progress and be able to work with it. It'll take discipline and work but i think we can do it if the green light is a go. I just did it for exampling purpose. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 19:53, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- If we are going through with it, can u leave any images I've uploaded to me? It'll be really annoying waking up one morning to see over a 1000 mails all from wikia. Please leave my images to me. Thanks ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 05:27, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
- As for deleting the history of a re uploaded image, No.. It'll take away the credit which should also go to the initial uploader, and only have the credit go to the new one.
- Also when you delete an image (cases like your Jpg to PNG thing), please check if that image is being used anywhere. If it is, make sure to replace that image with the new one, and if its in a user page, inform that user that his image has been deleted, but he can use the new one. If now, we get a lot of dead links ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 05:52, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
- That's fine. I'll skip over any of yours, which would be a while to get to seeing how the beginning is needy xD As for the others, okay then. I know to replace them in the articles, though once in a while I do forget. The main thing I would like help on is, mostly, if I can't remember the exact episode. That'll be super helpful in the process if I kept that up to date and people pitched in where they saw. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 15:15, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
Weapons & Abilities - More Information
Right, I've noticed that on all the sites, there's barely any information at all about the relevant abilities of the characters themselves, and what information that is provided is often highly simplified and redundant. I'm all for making separate articles to explain Box Weapons and the likes, although it could technically be moved to their effetive pages to create more concise and orderly powers and abilities sections.
My primary issue is that the innate abilities of the characters themselves are downplayed in comparison to their equipment and techniques, as a result we wind up getting less informative ability sections, my suggestion is thus that we spend time to improve the overall detail of their Weapons & Abilities sections, most likely adding in a new format to use when describing the innate abilities of their characters, such as their intelligence, their strength, their speed, and even their overall fighting style. Njalm (talk) 15:52, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- No offense but we already have that. We have separate pages for all Box Weapons (of multiple types, ie: Vongola Storm Box Uri to regular Uri) and we have pages for all abilities and techniques. For the majority of our pages, it's pack full of information (mostly our main characters) and I feel that clogging it with redundant information that can be found if you click on the link of the technique/ability is silly. Now, I might be reading your suggestion wrong but this is what I took from it. Fiamma di Armonia ♥ Chrome9669 18:52, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- No offense taken. What I'm talking about isn't Weapons, Box Weapons or Techniques but rather the personal talents and abilities of the character. Examples would be what you've done in Daemon Spades' article, where you detail his skill in the field of illusions. For instance, Xanxus is in the series shown to possess tremendous physical strength, and he's likewise been witnessed as posessing a unique fighting style. This could be added onto his page, and other characters. This is a Wiki so no information is redundant, and even if it is, its alot better if we have more information than what is strictly nessecary as opposed to have merely one or two sentences of information, which seems to largely be the case here. Njalm (talk) 19:31, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- As a overly obsessed fan of the series and working with the Wikia since the beginning of the second generation, the pages are fine in that sense. We shouldn't take time to explain every detail. What I'm getting is that you want it to be said, "Xanxus possesses unique fighting style and is strong." Well, I feel that we have done better than that. We're not supposed to be biased either. What you suggest makes it sound like we are beefing up one character over another, when all characters are shown to be weak or not in the game. We shouldn't detail every part but when they have major parts, ie: Major Characters, we do tend to over detail. (I remember AG wanting to cut back on some articles like Tsuna) Some of our pages are too long and others would get boring. I feel that listing everything would be a waste of time seeing how you can click on the article. I've seen that the only times when we give details, is when there's just not much information on a technique or ability to create an entire page (and let me remind you that I think we are not completely done with that to do anyway). Also, there are times when if you read the complete article that things like fighting style and etc are mentioned. Repeating it in ability/technique seems really redundant. I just feel that adding in stuff like that, that is NOT mentioned in the manga/anime specifically...only implied, that we're setting ourselves up for destruction. Just look at the manga now! Xanxus isn't as strong or with great techniques as we thought. Fiamma di Armonia ♥ Chrome9669 20:14, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- You're misreading me. I was using Xanxus as an example, what I'm talking about would regard all articles. Xanxus ability section is just one of many whom requires more work. Its not a matter of beefing up, its a matter of detailing all facets of their abilities, this doesn't nessecarily mean lots and lots of information, but it does definitely mean more than what we currently have. Its a project, it doesn't simply pertain to Xanxus - its just that he's a major example. What I'm saying is that what we can do is to make this a project, whether its major or minor depends - in terms of comparison, I'm suggesting that we bring every weapons and abilities section at least up to par with Daemon Spade's own section, in regards to detail. Any information posted would also reflect on what the character did in the anime and manga, as opposed to personal beliefs. Njalm (talk) 21:06, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I think you are mis-reading me. I only used Xanxus because you did. I'm saying that some articles are too big to add those extra details. Tsuna, for example, is a massive page and has many, many abilities/techniques. Going into too much detail, will really put his page over the top long. Those sections on the page are there for glances. IF you want to add information and make them longer description, you need to do that via their own page not the owners page. Also, many characters use their techniques/abilities many times through the series and explaining each one would also be a waste of space. I know we, as a Wikia, has talked about trimming all articles do to the extra smaller articles we made on certain things, like weapons/abilities/techniques. My basic point is that we have separate articles for them and that's where added information should go. Not on the characters page where it can be crowded. It's not that I'm completely against but I also am not for the method you are suggesting. Fiamma di Armonia ♥ Chrome9669 23:23, September 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll rephrase then, what I'm talking about is to add one paragraph on the begining of the Weapons & Abilities sections, detailing the characters general abilities, fighting style and the likes - it'll probably not add that much length; all of the techniques, weapons and all can stay as they are - cause they've already gotten their own pages. The same works for the listed techniques as they too have pages of their own. What I'm talking about is an introduction to their abilities of sorts, which details common tactics, strategies and some general information about their overall battle prowess. At any rate, I'm gonna update a few characters with this information soon, so you'll hopefully see my point then. Keep in mind that they won't add much length to the page itself, but it'll improve the quality by quite a bit.
- Hmm.. alternatively, we could make use of the system they use over on One Piece Wiki, which splits up an article into several different articles, each with a link to the others. This would allow for us to trim down each and every article, while not removing any information at all. In fact, with this - we could kill two birds with one stone, as it would make the pages much easier to navigate; while removing the issue of some articles being too big.
- Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I'm capable of mimicking this system, as its actually pretty easy to use, it might look like alot of work, but barely requires 10 minutes, most likely less if you work effectively. Considering that this wiki already works by making pages for each associated ability, I think its a very good solution. Njalm (talk) 00:17, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
- I've seen that done at the Resident Evil Wikia. I feel that you shouldn't do anything until you get the other admins approval, on the basis of adding beginning paragraphs and links. Now, we are not only talking about adding info but changing the entire set up, which would take coding, (maybe) coding changes for each template type, and mostly AG & Chaos are super good at that. I'm not saying that we should do it or leave it just to them; I feel unsure. Do we want our Wikia to eventually look like everyone else? One thing I love about this one is that we have maintained our own "standards" and ways, even when things at the main Wiki changes. I'm not super against it but I'm not super for it. It'd be according to what the other admins find that they like and dislike before I'll fully caste my vote into taking this project on board. Another thing I don't like though, is that you can't just click "edit" and edit an entire page, which we do encourage users to do when doing mass edits. I feel that mass editing is trimmed down to editing each and every separate article cause people to get a higher edit count. It's easier now to tell people when they mass edit more than one section is to edit the whole thing, which I also did when fixing the Daemon Spade pictures page. Made edits in one section and another.
- With the whole one paragraph, I still find it hard to wrap around. Why waste space adding what's already stated below or anywhere else? A lot of the plot line describes major abilities and what not; also the individual pages as well. I feel more inclined to vote down currently unless someone can change my mind on how I'm viewing it. Not only that but if we were to add the said tabs above, then I would be discussing things in a different light to them.
- You might think I'm being harsh, but I'm normally the one admin that finds all faults with and any suggestions. Kind of helps map out plans and what not. My only advice is right now get the other admins opinions on both matters. Fiamma di Armonia ♥ Chrome9669 01:02, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
- A fair bit of cynicality is to be expected, even encouraged. I can understand that this'll cause some issues, but who is to say we split up every single page? An idea could be to split only those pages whose byte-count exceed 20,000. It wouldn't be nessecary to have more than a couple tabs, most likely three or so, regarding Personal, Plot Overview and Abilities - with the "Personal" tab primarily regarding general information such as Appearance, Personality and Backstory. As you stated yourself, some pages - such as the Tsuna page, are just flat out enormous - and a split on those would most likely save alot of space. You mentioned that alot of a characters capabilities are expressed in the Plot section, but you've also mentioned that alot of people merely skim to the relevant section and read from there. If someone were to jump straight to the Weapons & Abilities section, they would find only a slight degree of information; and thus wouldn't see the information posted in the plot section. It ain't reader friendly, its hardly efficient and its even counterintuitive.
- As for talking with the other Admins, the reason I posted on this forum at all, was to get the attention of the Administration, so far only you've shown up and that's a tad dissapointing. I suppose I could notify them on their talk pages though. Njalm (talk) 01:49, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
- What would be the point if we didn't split all characters? To me, it'd look unprofessional if we did split certain pages and then everything would be a mess. It wouldn't look nice if some were and some weren't, like having some painted black and some painted white. I feel that-that might look a little odd. I feel that the information we do have in those sections are pretty relevant for someone new to the series. For most older fans, a brief description is all they need and the newer ones can just click the article if they want every detail. Another thing I "fear" about this suggestion is the applications. We could be opening ourselves up for "worthless" edits and a bunch of confusing and repetitive information, due to the fact that anyone can just click on the article if they want a full coverage of the material.
- Other note is that you aren't taking into account of the time zones. It seems ours is much closer in detail. The best way if you want something done is to contact via talk on all admins. Fiamma di Armonia ♥ Chrome9669 02:15, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Main Wiki Page Update-Picture Slider
I was thinking that the main wiki page needs a update, plus it seems like the main wiki page has not been update in like forever. Plus it be nice to have something new to the main wiki page like a picture slider to it, maybe more people will want to join this community. Does anybody want to do that? Fox Kit Princess--Fox Kit Princess (talk) 12:17, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Neutral - I would be willing to help out if others of the community wants to change our main page. I don't remember the real reason why we decided not to do a slider but sometimes changes can be good. If not, I'm cool with it remaining the same as is. It is an older Wiki to begin with so the constant updating over and over might not be something of interest right now.
I like when things change, plus it would be a fresh change of pace for this wiki. There problem wasn't a lot of people that want to do it, and there people that are scary of change of pace. Is there anybody else that wants to do this? Fox Kit Princess--Fox Kit Princess (talk) 10:07, March 17, 2015 (UTC)