Rebocon Page Edit Do you think we should pages for Rebocon? It's really popular and has had 3 concerts. We could do some pictures and tell what happened (you can find the first and, i think, second ones subbed not as much as the third). Just a thought. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 11:54, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Not from what I searched. I'm talking about the Reborn Concert; it does have some talk in it, though. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:11, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Well, i'm not sure what it is, But if its related to the series, or even events relating to the series, there's no reason why it shouldn't be there...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 12:19, July 13, 2010 (UTC) It is related to Reborn. It stars all the seyius, and they sing their character songs and talk. Like I said, I've only found the first one. But the second and thirs are not at this current moment (some subs can be found in the comments). However, it's mostly the talk you won't be able to understand because lyrics can be found anywhere. I thought this would be a nice project; although, it's a long one. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:26, July 13, 2010 (UTC) That's fine. I think I'll get started on that since it'll take the longest... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:30, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Episode Pages Edit i second the idea of (a) rebocon page(s), they're perfectly legit, and i've seen some of the footage. also, would you mind adding to the list 'detailed episode summaries on each of the pages?' i could use some help, especially i'm going to be slightly less active in the next few weeks, and grammar doesn't take too long for me if there's info already intact.
The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 16:19, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
Awesome, will do. And i dont mind helping you with that. I'll start from new to old? That'll be easier for me, since the DVD's are right in my cupboard..I have to search through my DVD stacks to find the older ones :S..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 16:23, July 13, 2010 (UTC) it doesn't really matter to me which ones you do (i started from old>new, but now i'm probably just doing random), i have the entire series on itunes.. but help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. i don't mind doing the older episodes if i have to. The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 16:32, July 13, 2010 (UTC)
song pages Edit if no one has any objections, i'll add character song pages to my personal to-do list.
The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 00:02, July 20, 2010 (UTC)
a few things Edit
i though of a few thing gor the wikia:
- a spoiler warning template (a small one, at top of pages)
- an animal category (because we have hibird, fantasma and maybe other animals at characters)
- a page for the Reborn OVA (which came out at 21 but i wasnt able to find full version not even raw :/)
what do you think? hercules[i] 07:43, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree on a seperate category for Animals.
- I'll start on a spoiler template if you want.
- A page would be fine, but like you said, as of now we dont know anything about it.
good :) and since i have no idea how to create a template, if you can and agree its all yours xD same for animals category hercules[i] 08:17, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I've created the Sopiler template, but i have to tweak it, sooo dont use it right away. Btw, is it just me, or is email notification not working?..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 09:43, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Have you tried You-Tube? Last time i was there, it was there except in raw... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:23, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- really, the full version? because there is also a short version. the full DVD came out 2 days ago hercules[i] 12:31, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh? do you know the time limit of the short version? The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:34, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- about 16:30 hercules[i] 12:39, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Um...I have a Reborn! OVA that's around 16:30. Credits and Beginning in all. Do you know anything about the OVA cause it'll help identify. (BTW I just checked the the OVA i got is still on you-tube.) The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:44, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, thats the short version. It was updated a few months ago at the site. The dvd with the full episode was released on 21 of July. I checked again and there is only the short version on youtube and even that is not subbed. i think its going to take a while to find the full one subbed. we could add some info but not the full plot hercules[i] 12:58, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- It'll take some time before someone subs it even if it's a fansub. We could make a page for it and just say it's the short version. Even if it's not subbed, if you've watched it, you get the basic of what's going on. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 13:05, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- or we could add only info, not the plot.hercules[i] 13:15, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I prefer just the info. Btw, Is the email notification function working?..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 13:22, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Agree with AG. Um...i don't know. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 13:25, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Turned it off The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 14:02, July 23, 2010 (UTC
- for me, email isn't working. i wondered why i only had three emails, but they were all spam :P and how long is the real ova? i can [try to] find it... The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 15:56, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I was thinking on top of each page, but then almost all pages would need one :/ what do you think?hercules[i] 19:08, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- here is an example closer to what i meant (yeah pretty random example xD). notice the orange box at the top hercules[i] 19:46, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Sigh, then I'm guessing another mass change is in order. Well, if we're gonna do it, I'd like all minor changes done in this haul. Meaning if there's some change you want to see done, which requires a change to a lot of pages, I'd like ppl to mention it now.
Cococrash wanted either the episode or chapter thing changed to Target. Soooo, need to know what everyone thinks of Cococrash's proposition, and if anyone else got anything in mind, please say so now...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 19:51, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
- So, we're going to do this massive change...(that's a lot of pages.)Anyway, do you mean changing both chapter and episode to target? Wouldn't that be confusing unless i'm missing something. (can't think of anything there's a name) The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 20:28, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Ok...I think it would make it look somewhat authentic (and were already doing this major change to a lot of articles), but there would have to be a distiction between anime and manga or people will get confused... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 01:52, July 24, 2010 (UTC) <s>
I think Target should replace for manga chapters and anime episodes. Because its called Target not chapters. Since most articles use source and Targets had a lots of source. --Cococrash11 03:59, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
As I've said before: Ok...I think it would make it look somewhat authentic (and were already doing this major change to a lot of articles), but there would have to be a distiction between anime and manga or people will get confused... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 04:02, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
- I kinda think so too, as both the anime and manga refer to the epis/chapters as target, it might get confusing..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 05:03, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
clean up Edit
recently everyone helped with creating pages for weapons and abilities. there are many more to be created but i was thinking since every weapon/ability has its own page we should remove some info from character pages at Weapons and abilities. if an ability has its page, we should just link it with the title and at the characters page briefly explain what it does, not how, why, when, where etc. in one or two sentences. if the viewer wants to see more info they will simply click the name of the ability and go to its page. this way, character pages will be more tidy and quite smaller because i noticed that main characters have long pages and a lot of info at their wapons and abilities. what do you think? hercules[i] 08:36, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I already suggested this, in Forum talk:Wikia Style under the Abilities Section, but got a very limited response...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 08:40, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- didnt see :/ you got 2 votes fot it then ^^ hercules[i] 09:04, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- i must've missed it too... three votes. i can start shortening the summaries on the character pages if there are no negatives. The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 21:42, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
- including a one-liner description? i think that'd look nice... The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 22:00, July 28, 2010 (UTC)
Game Template Edit
The current game template, quite frankly sucks. Its lacking in every department, so I'm going to create a new one, but I dont really play the games, so I'll have to leave the adding to some1 else...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 15:49, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
if it is for the DS games (non-RPG) ive played them all. the flame rumble series have the same gameplay, but each new sequel has new things (second introduces support, then boxes, then combis, etc) id like to help with them. now, the rpg ones, ive only played the last one with gelaro and im not a big fan :S hercules[i] 15:53, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
- All the games in general. Well, I did 1 page Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble Hyper - Moeyo Mirai. ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 16:08, August 2, 2010 (UTC)
I thought I might as well let everyone know, that some images arn't loading properly because Wikia is moving servers. It should be ok in a few days...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 10:45, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
I was looking at the central wikia blogs when I found this interesting new topic about awards and achievments here. I just wondered what you would think if this feature would be added to our Wiki. I know it's a little strange idea but I just wondered if anyone would be interested in it (if you don't like it that's ok). Just a thought. (BTW I thought this would be the best place for this topic...) The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 21:32, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I actually saw that, but put up a request not to have it. A lot of wikia's are taking that option as, apparently a lot of pointless edits were made (to get the edit count high) since it was implimented. ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 21:36, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
Clarifying A Few Points Edit
Ok, So i'm actually done with the spoiler Template. But I haven't added the new code to the Template till we sort out a few things.
- Since this is gonna be a mass change, I'd like any other minor changes necessary, to be done in this haul. Soo
- Whats your take on the Chapter/Episode→Target. I'd prefer it not be done as it'll create a confusion as to which is which, since both the manga and anime went by Target.
- Any other suggestion for changes in this haul. (I'd be totally against a new mass change a few days into this one. I'd like the wikia to survive without a mass change for atleast a few months before the next batch.
- How are we gonna use the Spoiler Template. Will it be at the beginning of character pages? Middle where the plot is? Will it be limited to character pages? (I think it'll be pretty pointless in any other articles).
- A Date to start on it.
- Just remembered, there is one change which I've wanted to make for quite a while, but was reluctant because it required editing all charcter pages if I did. Its the coding in all Character Infoboxes. You see, if you create a character page, and you dont have an image, the current code requires it to use a Default image. This default image is of the Vongola Family, which i'm sure you've seen if you have created a page without an image. The code which I'm talking about is the code which I've used for the infoboxes I created (The character infoboxes were created before I came in). With the new code if you dont have an image, no image appears until you add one. Sounds good? The downside is that you'll have to add "file" to the beginning of the image which the current infoboxes dont need. So i was thinking if we are making this change, I'd like this to be done in the process as well. I'll take care of the coding if you agree...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 17:44, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- the no image coding sounds good. it happened a lot of times to create a page and temporary not have any images. i dont think i understoud that File thing. wasnt the "File:" text required all this time? well, i agree with changing the coding because no image would only be temporary anyway. now, for the spoiler template. i think it would be better to be placed at the top of the character pages and one warning at the main page. it would look messy at the middle. hercules[i] 18:22, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- After checking the link you gave, I created this template (Below), Any suggested change, color, wording, etc? Btw, We'll have to set a date to make the changes.
- Nice. i like it. it has neutral colours so it wont need to change in case you change the skin/theme (as you have it on the to do list). Im not sure about the date tho. lets wait for more editors to comment here and see their opinion. Also, removing the File: could be a problem but its not something that should hold us back. well just need to act fast and make sure we didnt forget anything :P hercules[i] 20:08, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- Ahh I see, you use the Rich Text Editor? Well to remove file all you have to do is hit source on the top left of the page after you hit Edit, or disable the Rich Text Editor till the changes are complete. All you have to do to add the Spoiler Template is copy to the top of the page when you arn't using it..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 20:13, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that removing the File thing would be fine, but i've already given my opinion on the "target" idea. I like the spoiler warning too. Do you think we should put it on episode pages as well or do we just want to keep it on character pages? Either works for me. Lastly, I think that date should be set after everythings sorted out and done. Then we can start the mass change. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 20:48, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
- OK, so i'll be introducing a new code to infoboxes, which wont require a change, but will require you to be careful. Its auto-categorization. Basically, you dont have to categorize a page, if you add an infobox. The infobox you add, will have a code, which will categorize the page into the required category.
- This will require you to be a bit careful around which infobox you add. Recently the category for weapons/equipment, had a lot of pages which well, weren't weapons and equipment. While we're on this mass change idea, i'd like ppl to look at all categories, and see the pages which dont fit. ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 14:44, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- An example is, if you create a charcter song page, with the character song infobox, it will get auto categorized into the Character song category.
However, multi categorization isn't possible. eg: It cant categorize Tsuna into male characters because Yuni uses the same infobox. So, any other extra category will have to be added manually. But single category pages like Character songs, Episodes, you dont need to worry about it.
Something very important to note now is where you add what infobox. for example, i'm thinking of scrapping the pages which uses box animal infoboxes for weapons/techniques, and create seperate infoboxes for them. Prime example Bellflowers. Thoughts?..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 15:05, July 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Since the skin is going to change too, shouldnt we wait to see it then? just saying hercules[i] 10:03, August 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I changed the background colour of the Spoiler Template to white, to match the page and infobox backgrounds. Any1 that doesn't agree or can think of a better colour?..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 05:58, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
Let me know when u guys get online. I'd like to atleast, partially start on the Mass Change. Btw, I'll be adding Romanji and Kanji field for infoboxes, to resolve issues like Flan and Yuni's names. I'll get started one someone gets online, else the pics from the infobox will be replaced by a red link..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 09:18, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, when i get back from school...around 5is-10ish (American Eastern Time). After this week, that school time may change...And on the weekends, in the morning and mid-evening. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 10:48, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- about 10 hours away... and i'm leaving now.The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 10:57, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- wow, haven't been on this page for a while... anyway, i can help with editing some of the pictures [if there's any more to do- lol], and i'm usually on, starting this wednesday and not including weekends, from about the same time chrome9669 is online. however, you're going to have to push those hours back by one since i live a time zone later than those times. The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 03:49, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Since it's a Sunday, (for me anyway) I think its about time that we start on the mass change. Please reply here whenevr someone gets online, so we can get started. I'll be free the whole day, so i dont mind anytime.
- Some things to do during the mass change
- Adding the template to the top of the page.
- Remove the category "Characters" from pages - The category Characters has many sub categories which cover that anyway e.g : Tsuna is listed as Sky Character, as well as character, making him appear twice in the same category.
- Infobox Changes:
- Removing "File" from the image field.
- Adding Romaji and Kanji wherever possible. i.e :
- |Kanji Name =
- |Romaji Name =
- I'll be Creating a List option for Weapons, Title, Famiglia and Teams. e.g: in case of multiple weapons use:
- |Weapons =
- |Weapons 2 = ...etc
- Oh, and some infoboxes have two weapons field. One as Weapon, and the other as Weapon 1. Remove the Weapon 1 field and add it to the Weapons Field as a list.
- None of these above mentioned changes have been made to the infoboxes, as it'll mess it up too much if i do it now. Whcih is why when we do the mass change, we'll have to go about it sub category by sub category. The Mist Characters sub category is already done, so one ppl get online, we'll get started...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 20:33, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- i'm going to be on for the next 2.5 hours, and then i'll have to go someplace. i can do it during that time. The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 21:06, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm done with my hw. I'll be on the rest of the night (well, here it's like 5:07pm...) The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 21:08, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- personally i think the work should be divided this way. since there are three people: one person takes flameless (total of 48 characters), one person takes cloud, rain, sky (42 characters), and one takes sun, lightning, storm (41 characters). it doesn't really matter to me which one i get. i can do whatever. The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 21:17, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- then i'll start on sun, lightning, and storm... The Grammar Guru, Ridiculousnever 21:20, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess I'll take on the flameless people XP. but ok, we'll be waiting AG. The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 21:24, August 28, 2010 (UTC)
Ok, so i tried creating a custom skin, but soon enough I found out I sucked at it. So I asked a friend of mine and Co-Bureaucrat at the Darker than Black Wikia for help. He was the person responsible for the skin, and all the fancy and easy to use templates which are there in that wikia (most of the codes I brought to this wikia are his work).
Instead of just giving me a few tips, he offered to do the skin for us, which I gladly accepted. So, to see what our skin might look like visit the Reborn Sandbox wikia, in which he will be testing his work before we get it.
Any suggestions you might like to make, please forward to him, but please be polite if you do so. Btw, Our Main Page will also be re-constructed, and logo changed...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 15:05, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- If you do have any suggestions, I'd like it if we discussed it here first, before we forward it to him, to prevent conflicting opinions...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 15:07, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- i dont know how that works but i love the skin and the colors are great. the logo too ^^ hercules[i] 17:50, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- the sandbox :S is it something like a test-page for reborn wikia? XD hercules[i] 18:49, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry but i dont really like it tbh :S its very purple XD hercules[i] 18:44, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
Edo...I'm not seeing purple...I'm seeing more of a, I guess, Mist background...I like these colors. I can't wait to see the others. --The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 22:14, August 7, 2010 (UTC)
- WOW hercules[i] 18:17, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- It's Tsuna-kun & Primo very cool The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 20:03, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
- I have no objections of recontructing the main page...The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 20:13, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
I dont know how many of you keep up with the staff blog, but Wikia announced new chages to the way a wikia might look. Because of this, there's a chance that Wikia will switch to something other than Monaco for styles (Wikia skins and all that goes with it are done using Monaco CSS type coding). And so, the skin project will be on pause till we can get a better grasp at what wikia is planning. If they change styles, we might have to change the skin again to match. To avoid too much hard work going to waste, its best if we wait till this testing period is done. ..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 22:16, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
If anyone has any pics of any character in the series with a white background, it'll be appreciated for work on the skin. Images with backgrounds cant be used, so we need images without them.
A list of pics already available:
- All 10th Generation Guardians (Present and Future) except Chrome.
- All the Varia members except Flan.
- Lal (Adult and Infant).
Images Needed ASAP:
- The rest of The Wreaths.
- The rest of the Arcobalano.
- Oh, and Pics of the 1st Generation Guardians will also be helpful..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 07:56, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Would an edited pic work? And if so, does it need to be a full body pic? The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 12:30, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Anything with no background would help. I got quite a few from the Wikia itself like, File:XANXUS.jpg, File:Squalo.jpg, File:Lissuria.jpg, File:Levi Volta.jpg, File:Belphegor.jpeg, File:Viper.jpg for Varia and images simlar to that for The 10th Gen Family minus Chrome. But need images like that for Chrome, Yuni, Flan, The Wreaths and the Arcobalano.
- If you have any images with no background or a white background, it'll be pretty helpful..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 12:36, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll do it~ No, I didn't use paint to do that instead I used Gimp which is like Adobe photoshop. Although, I have done pics like that w/ paint too... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 20:50, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- How about this version here? I'll work on Flan next~ --The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 21:48, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Ahh Perfect. Thanx..This will really help with the skin..AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 22:05, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry about Flan, here. He was little harder with the outline... Oh, how do you want the Arcobalenos? Do you want a seperate pic for each the adult form and child form or one that has them both? Also, do you want Luche, Aria, & Yuni or just one of them as the Sky Arcobaleno? The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 22:34, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Awesome..The pics are gonna appear next to the logo in these character's pages. For example, when you go to Tsuna's page, On the logo, Tsuna will be next to it, much like the main page but smaller. Soo cant really have 2 pics for the Arco. The only Adult/Infant form problem we have is for Lal, since a huge chunk oh her screentime was when she was in adult form..so not really sure which way to go with her. The rest of the Arco, infant form will do. And well, since this is gonna be character specific logo's, it'll be nice having it for all three sky Arco's...Btw, I tried doing what your doing on photoshop...Gotta hand it to u...it drove me nuts...AlienGamer (Userpage ⁝ Talk) 02:29, August 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, editing will do that to you. I have Bluebell done and Zakuro is almost finished. (Sorry if there's hints of blue around them...it was hard to take that out without killing the pic.) BTW I'm starting school shorlty and I may not be editing as much; so, I may not have time for all the arcobalenos (hoping to get to Torikabuto). Sorry about that... The one that hovers over the Wiki... Chrome9669 16:29, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
Cross out Create pages for all Character songs. Edit
I've atleast created a page for all of them but i cant cross it off since the page is locked--The Forest That shall defeat all That stands in its way, XIII-DARKNESS 00:45, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
Community Corner Edit
Minna, I would like to know your opinions on the information that the Community Corner provides currently. Is there anything that should be removed or added at the time? Is there anything that you don't like about it or you would like to see in it? (A big maybe on a photo...not to sure according to how long it may get.) Is the current wording of it ok (like using "your dying will" or using references to characters) or should it just be kept plain and simple? Demo I would like your opinions on it; so the newly re-consturcted one will be a good source of information & be something that everyone likes and agrees upon. The one that floats over the Wiki... Chrome9669 02:31, September 27, 2010 (UTC)