Character Outline[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Nana is a petite and thin woman, she has brown eyes and short brown hair in a bob style. She and her son are similar in appearances.
When Tsuna was still a child, Nana had long hair.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Nana is a kind and compassionate woman, she is very welcoming to many of her sons friends and doesn't have any problem inviting new people into her home, she is always feeding the people who live in her house and does not think they are strange. In spite of her caring nature, Nana has fairly little belief in her son succeeding in life. She does not expect him to get into a good college, has outbursts that he's a loser, and even thanks Kyoko Sasagawa on her knees when she believes that she's Tsuna's girlfriend.
Nana is unaware that her husband and son are involved in the mafia, a secret that Iemitsu deliberatly keeps from her, and she is completely kept away from the mafia. She has only caught two glimpses of the mafia, however, she faints and believes they are dreams on both occasions.
At times she's aware that her husband and son are hiding something from her, which frustrates her.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Reborn! Fandom, her number is 77.
- In the Card Games Nana is attributed to have Lightning Flames.
- Nana means seven in the Japanese language.
- When Spanner was the guest at the Haru's Haru Haru Interview: Dangerous, he was looking for a Yamato Nadeshiko (a woman with a gentle heart). Reborn said that there's only one woman he knows that fits said description and it was Nana Sawada, even though Haru had been hoping to be the one.
- Lambo is only able to activate his Cambio Forma when he misses Nana, evidencing Lambo's devotion to Nana.
- She is referred to as Mama by Reborn, Futa, Dino, I-Pin, Bianchi, Gokudera, and Lambo.
- Nana and Iemitsu are ranked first as a "loving married couple" by Futa.
- Futa's ranking shows that Nana's omelettes are first-rate.
- In the manga, Nana is more aware of Reborn's brutal side, as she had witnessed him throwing Lambo's grenade to him, but still thinks it's a simple children's fight.