Mukuro Rokudo is a powerful illusionist and a wanted criminal, sought for his crimes against the Estraneo Famiglia. He is the primary antagonist during the events of the Kokuyo Arc. He is eventually chosen as the tenth generation Mist Guardian of the Vongola Famiglia. While in Vindice Prison, he communicates with the Kokuyo Junior High Gang and the outside world through his vessel, Chrome Dokuro.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Mukuro is a fairly tall and slender teenager with blue pineapple-shaped hair. As an effect of the Six Paths of Reincarnation, he has heterochromatic eyes. His left eye is blue, and his right eye is red with the kanji for six (六, roku?) in the middle. He wears small earrings but is not shown in the anime adaptation.
His most prominent outfit is the standard Kokuyo school uniform, with the buttons of the green jacket undone. Underneath, he wears a short-sleeved shirt with a misty design. He wears black gloves on certain occasions.
Ten years in the future, Mukuro's longer hair is tied back into a thin ponytail. He wears a black jacket, white undershirt, black necktie, pants with two white belts, and black boots.
During the events of the Inheritance Ceremony Arc and The Curse of the Rainbow Arc, Mukuro wears his former t-shirt, a jacket similar to the one he wore during the Mist Ring Battle, a pair of pants and long black boots.
After being forced to possess the Gufo di Pioggia, the Box Weapon's right eye is similar to his, and a zig-zag pattern with pineapple-like spikes identical to his own are on top of its head.
Personality[edit | edit source]
In contrast to his playful smile, Mukuro is apathetic to the suffering of others. Appearing as the series' first antagonist, Mukuro is not averse to disposing of those who get in his way and is not easily intimidated, usually speaking to others in a very direct and arrogant manner. He cares little for others, and simply considers people to be "toys" or "tools" he can sacrifice in order to get what he wants.
Despite his ruthlessness, Mukuro is considerate towards his subordinates, particularly both Ken Joshima and Chikusa Kakimoto, and possibly Chrome Dokuro. He protects them and even sacrifices himself for them when necessary. However, he does not directly do so in front of them and never admits it openly, hiding what he truly feels about them from everybody.
Mukuro, along with Ken and Chikusa, has a great hatred for the entire Mafia, most likely due in part to the experimentations they suffered as children. He desires to destroy the Mafia in its entirety. In addition, he also wants to invoke world suffering by starting a world war, claiming to want to cleanse the world with darkness because he sees the current world as worthless.
Even after becoming the Mist Guardian, Mukuro still claims to no longer be part of the Mafia, having been exiled from it. He continues to view the organization with great contempt, though he now prefers to avoid any involvement with them. Despite distancing himself from them, Mukuro is also quite knowledgeable of the Mafia's dark secrets, even the secret behind the Arcobaleno.
Mukuro can be easily angered in some occasions, mostly whenever his or Chrome's hair is compared to a pineapple, prompting an immediate and comical punishment to the offender. He also gets angry whenever someone intentionally harms his vessel, Chrome.
Powers and abilities[edit | edit source]
An illusionist's illusion countering another illusion, has already lost their own perception.
Known as someone who has driven both the Mafia and police into the most dangerous and desperate of situations, Mukuro is a formidable and deadly adversary. He is a master of illusions, having bested the Arcobaleno, Viper, in a battle of its use. He is not easily deceived by illusions that are cast by others, possessing a highly perceptive mind enough to dispel other illusions cast by illusionists.
During the Kokuyo Arc, Mukuro felt the need to take advantage of Kyoya Hibari's Vertiginous Cherryitis in order to easily defeat him. Later, Mukuro fought on equal terms with an injured Hibari, with the illusionist even commenting that if Hibari wasn't injured, it would be difficult to determine who would win their duel. This time, however, Mukuro couldn't take advantage of Hibari's Sakura-kura Disease, due to the Disciplinary Committee chairman taking some medication from Dr. Shamal. This allowed Hibari to catch Mukuro off-guard and defeat him. This also convinced the illusionist to use his Possession Bullet in a final attempt to defeat Tsuna and his friends. However, after entering Hyper Dying Will Mode for the first time, Tsuna easily defeated the warriors possessed by Mukuro. Tsuna's new power convinced Mukuro to use the Fifth Path, the most dangerous skill of his Six Paths of Reincarnation. Mukuro proved himself capable of holding his own against Tsuna, however the young Vongola boss's Hyper Intution and X-Gloves allowed him to hold the advantage. In a last-ditch attempt to secure victory, Mukuro feigns defeat and takes advantage of Tsuna's kind heart, nearly possessing him. However, Tsuna narrowly evades this attempt and defeats Mukuro by purifing his dark aura with his Sky Flames.
With the Six Paths of Reincarnation, Mukuro is able to use six powerful skills. When using these skills, the numeral kanji corresponding to the realm he has entered appears on his right eye.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Genjū Gagaia: Mukuro uses the glove invented by Verde that able to turn illusions into reality to create man-eating crows that eat the opponent.
- Genjū Mugaia: He combines his illusion with Chrome's illusion and creates a much more powerful version of Genju Gagaia.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Trident: Mukuro uses his Trident to create a "pact" between whomever he wished to use the Second Realm on when he was under the influence of the Possession Shot. When the weapon was broken, it was replaced with a regular one. However, Glo Xinia remembers a moment when Mukuro stabbed his Rain Owl in the wing, giving him the Ability to possess it, meaning he has that possessing Trident somehow, or knows how to make one.
- Possession Bullet: When shot with this bullet, Mukuro is able to possess and control the body of anyone that he has cut with his Trident. He can possess several bodies simultaneously and is still able to access the Six Realms, granting him the ability to use a different skill for each body. While possessing a person, Mukuro can also use the possessed person's abilities.
- Mist Vongola Ring: Won during the Mist Ring Battle. As part of the Tri-ni-sette it is classified as S-rank. Mukuro shares the Ring with Chrome, with Chrome usually wearing it.
- Malocchio Hell Ring: He uses the Hell Ring to generate a blast of Mist Flames in the form of eyes and tentacles.
- Vine-covered Hell Ring: A Hell Ring with unknown effects.
- Gufo di Nebbia ver. Vongola: Mukuro's Vongola Box Weapon after receiving it from Chrome during the final battle in the Future arc.
- Earring of the Mist Version X: Mukuro received this earring by upgrading the Mist Ore Vongola Gear. In Cambio Forma, Mukuro merges directly with the owl Mukurou, changing his Trident into a khakkhara that enables him to use all of his Six Paths of Reincarnations at once.
- Reality Illusion Gloves: Invented by Verde, it enables Mukuro to turn his illusions into reality.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mukuro's fandom shorthand is 69.
- In Haru's Haru Haru Interview: Dangerous, he stated that he likes Japanese school uniforms and wear costumes, but refused to wear the costumes that Haru made, knowing how embarrassing it will be. However, in Everyone's Daily Activities, it turns out that his sense of costumes was not far different from Haru, much to the embarrassment of Ken, M.M, and Fran who are forced to wear them.
- Despite being a powerful illusionist, in 'Haru Haru Interview' it was discovered that he had no clue that he could simply change whatever he was wearing using his illusions.
- His favorite food is chocolate, and he hates spicy foods.
- His favorite colors are black and purple.
- His hobby is taking a stroll through his illusions.
- In the manga, Mukuro had stated that he had 6 past lives, while in the anime series he said his body went through all 6 paths to Hades instead.
- Ever since he was defeated by Tsuna, their mind somehow became connected, which explained how Tsuna was the only one able to see Mukuro's past during the battle with Mammon, how he dreamt about Irie's white device at the same time as Chrome, and mostly how Tsuna able to sense Mukuro whenever he's nearby.
- Mukuro is one of 3 illusionists who can trick the Vindice using illusions; Fran is another one while the third is unknown.
- Mukuro was chosen as the Mist Vongola Guardian by Iemitsu when he was possessing Chrome's body.
- He resembles Demon Spade in both looks and mannerisms, except for the fact that he wants to destroy the Vongola rather than make it the strongest organization.
- He has stated in Mr. Rebokku no Ciao Ciao Interview that his favorite word is 'Reincarnation', while in Vongola 77 his favorite word is 'Invincible'.
- In Mr. Rebokku no Ciao Ciao Interview he said that the amount of fu's in his signature laugh depends on his mood. If he's in a good mood, the amount of fu's in his laugh will increase.
- He has the same voice actor as Kensuke Mochida.
- According to Daemon, Chrome, Ken, Chikusa, M.M, and Fran are important people to Mukuro.
- Mukuro was the one who gave the name Chrome Dokuro to Nagi.
- Together with Chrome, he is one of the only three characters to have a story mode in Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Kindan no Yami no Delta. The other two being Tsuna and Xanxus.
- Mukuro likes killing, bullying, world conquest, and chocolate, while he dislikes being mistaken as a good guy.
- Character Songs Featured In:
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Mukuro Rokudo on Wikipedia