It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
M.M. (エミューエミュー, Emu Emu) is one of the only two female members of the Kokuyo Junior High Gang. A criminal, she was imprisoned in Vendicare Prison until Mukuro staged a jailbreak and she joined him. She plays a clarinet and uses it both as a mid-range weapon and a close-combat weapon.
In the manga, both her hair and eyes are orange, but in the anime, she has red hair and violet eyes. M.M. wore a green Kokuyo uniform during the Kokuyo Arc because Mukuro found it amusing, while in the future, she was dressed in a short-sleeved light purple shirt and in her mug shot she's wearing a black blouse and a dark purple jacket, nail polish, and a black choker. Her appearance doesn't change much in the future except for a new yellow M-shaped hairclip.
She cares a lot about fashion and money, and prefers to date rich men. M.M. can be blunt and has a short temper. Despite this, she does have a caring side.
Kokuyo Land Invasion
M.M. is the second assassin to attack the group after Ken battled Yamamoto. When they are resting, she uses her Burning Vibrato attack and attempts to hit Bianchi or Tsuna, but her attack hit Bianchi's soup instead, exploding it. Then she attempts to hit Yamamoto or Gokudera, but instead ends up blowing up Yamamoto's tea and sushi. She is found by Gokudera, who uses his bombs to blow away her cover- she was inside a building.
Bianchi volunteers to battle M.M. and charges her with her Poison Cooking: Large-Scale Buffet, but M.M. counters with her Burning Vibrato attack, which hits Bianchi, but her food soaks up the microwaves. She nimbly dodges the two attacks, but her opponent tries another Poison Cooking, but M.M. reveals that her Clarinet also becomes a pair of nunchuks, knocking Bianchi's dish from her hand and Bianchi herself away.
As she readies another Burning Vibrato, Gokudera reveals that when she struck Bianchi with her Clarinet, Bianchi uses her best technique, Thousand Poisonous Flowers, to turn M.M.'s Clarinet into Poison Cooking. M.M., while playing the Clarinet, ingested some of the Poison Cooking and immediately passed out. It's implied afterward that she and the others were taken back to prison by the Vindice.Flan, and the other Kokuyo Members, Ken and Chikusa. Flan went to visit M.M. right after helping his master, Mukuro Rokudo, escape from the Vendicare Prison. The M.M. from ten years in the Future still has the same perspective on money, and she still has the same feelings for Mukuro. She appeared in front of Chrome when she was on the way delivering the Vongola Box to Mukuro and suddenly she slapped her and said that she is ugly just like Ken said and she always had a pitiful look on her face. She also told Chrome that Mukuro belonged to her and she would kill her if she touched him. Later on, before Chrome goes back to the past, M.M. tells her that Mukuro was only using her to get out of prison, and that M.M. was concerned about it, telling her that Mukuro was a fearsome person.
M.M. appears along with Mukuro, Ken and Chikusa in France when they try to recruit Flan with the Varia trying to do the same. When they find out Flan had lost his memories from the future, M.M. states that they didn't need him. Later, she makes another appearance with the Kokuyo Gang again when Mukuro declares to Tsuna that he would defeat him.
Weapons and Abilities
- Nunchaku Clarinet - M.M. can transform her clarinet into nunchucks for close-combat.
- Burning Vibrato - Using the Clarinet, it sends heat waves of vibrating atoms that explode on contact.
- It's possible that the reason M.M. wears a different uniform from Chrome's is because it's the school's band uniform, thus complimenting that fact that her weapon is a Clarinet. Later on, her uniform changed to a new one, but it was still different from Chrome's. A reason for this could be due to the fact that every student of Kokuyo Junior High modifies their uniform in one way or another as stated in Vongola77.
- In the Nintendo DS Games, she uses a Sun Dying Will Flame.
- In the manga, her hair color looks more orange than red. Her eyes as well, as in the manga they were more orange-ish than in the anime, where it was depicted as violet.
- It is strongly hinted that Future M.M. has feelings for Mukuro, to the point where she tells Chrome to stay away from him because he belongs to her. Though, in Volume 28 extra, Pineapple Tsushin, Ken stated that she only likes Mukuro because of his money, which M.M stated as pure love.
- In every chapter/episode, M.M's clothes are different.
- M.M changes her mood quickly.
- Despite having a slightly selfish and mean personality, she does have a positive side to her which is shown when she tells Chrome that Mukuro was just using her, expressing her concern.
- M.M.'s character seems to be music based seeing as in music, M.M. stands for Metronome Marking, and her choice of weapon is a clarinet.
- Unlike most mafioso in the story, M.M. originates from France.
- In the 2nd "Fuuta's Character Popularity Ranking" in book 13, M.M. ranked 10th place.
- In Female Popularity poll, she ranked 8th.
- She is fifth in position for having the most alarm clocks in the Mafia.
- The Japanese phrase "マ ジむかつく" (maji mukatsuku) is sometimes abbreviated as MM. It expresses being very angry or irritated.
- According to a manga extra, she lives in luxury in Paris.