Longchamp Naito is the eccentric Eighth Generation Boss of the Tomaso Famiglia.
Character Outline[edit | edit source]
He finds girls that would be hideous to other people to be cute and this affection has often gotten the better of him. He is an avid packrat and keeps millions of boxes of useless junk. Naito is also an apparent pervert with no shame, as he admits he hides his secret porn magazines behind the poster of an idol. He likes a lot of people and usually gives them nicknames such as Sawada-chan (Tsunayoshi Sawada) and Goku-chan (Hayato Gokudera). He often regrets losing his bizarre girlfriends and is very dim, such as when he thought his girlfriend had left him when all she had done was leave for work. He can be considered a womanizer, as after breaking up with a girl, he is quick to move on to another.
Plot Overview[edit | edit source]
He is almost always seen with his Famiglia, his apparent right hand man being Mangusta, an uptight man who holds little to no trust of Tsuna and the Vongola. He was the joker of Class 1B last year and brags to his classmates that he was going to become a Mafia Boss. Naito lived in an old fashioned Japanese house that burned down because of Reborn and Gokudera. Mangusta shoots Naito with a bullet almost the opposite of Reborn's Dying Will Bullet, the Desolation Bullet, which makes him and others shot with it break down into a gloomy rant of self-pity.
In the Future Arc, Reborn reveals that the Tomaso Famiglia had been attacked by the Millefiore Famiglia two days before Tsuna arrived in the future. Since all communication had been cut off from them, it is assumed that they were defeated.
Naito appears at the Inheritance Ceremony to congratulate Tsuna on becoming the Vongola Decimo. He also thanks them for remembering him despite Longchamp skipping school all the time. (Gokudera blankly states he did.)
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Girlfriends[edit | edit source]
Throughout the Daily Life Arc, Longchamp introduces various women whom he call his girlfriends, namely Terumi, Mayu-Mayu, Rikopin, Sanappi, Mako, Mekiko, Antares, and Renko. It is unknown how Longchamp met them and how their relationship with him ended.
Weapons and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Desolation Bullet - Naito uses the Desolation Bullet to solicit sympathy from those around him, though it has no effect on people such as Hibari. To date, there have been four people shot with the Desolation Bullet: Naito himself, Ryohei Sasagawa, Doctor Shamal, and Tsuna.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like other members of the Tomaso Famiglia, he is named after a car of the De Tomaso company. He is named after the De Tomaso Longchamp.
- Longchamp, along with the rest of the Tomaso Famiglia, was completely written out of the anime due to severe unpopularity.
- According to the manga-only "Haru Haru's Interview", Naito had a crush on the Varia's Gola Moska until he found out that it was a robot.
- Akira Amano has stated that Naito is her favorite character to draw.
- In an "Extra Secret Story," Longchamp was on a date with his girlfriend during the attack on Namimori Junior High students by Mukuro and on another date with another girl when the Varia arrived and the Ring Battles started.
- When among a ruckus, he has a habit of saying, "Peace! Peace!".
- All Tomaso Famiglia Bosses' first names are Longchamp.
- Longchamp has had many girlfriends; he is with a new one virtually every time he appears.