Large Ooyama is a member of the Simon Famiglia. He previously attended Simon Middle School, but he and his Famiglia transferred to Namimori after an earthquake hit their area. They chose Namimori because it is relatively earthquake free and they are invited to the Vongola Decimo's Inheritance Ceremony.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Large is one of the tallest Simon Ring Holders. He is always seen wearing his school uniform and is very large, with a slightly bulbous nose, thick lips and golden brown hair. He also has two scar marks that cross over one another, forming an X. Large has red eyes, a trait shared amongst the other members of Simon.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Large is a quiet character who tends to only speak when spoken to. He is very agreeable and also considerate, shown when he offered to walk Enma Kozato home because Enma often gets bullied. Large also doesn't mind taking orders from others, as he didn't care about being Lambo's subordinate, showing that he likes children. Later this is shown to only be a facade used to hide his true cruel personality, even though, like all the Simon members, he is actually a kind person, but was overwhelmed by hatred. At the end of his battle with Lambo, Large still seems to hate most of the Vongola but accepts his opponent as a friend before being taken by Vindice. He has great respect for Enma, comparable to Gokudera's respect for Tsuna.
Weapons and abilities[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Flame: Large's Flames, when infused into the earth and soil around him, allow him complete control of the surrounding landscape.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Strong Jaw: Large uses his Mountain Flames to create massive jaws resembling those of a Stag Beetle.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Mountain Simon Ring: Large also possesses one of the seven Simon Rings sealed by the Vongola Sin. When activated, it turns into a weapon. When activated, his ring becomes armor on his arms and back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Reborn! Fandom, his number is 62.
- He calls Lambo "Lambo-san."
- His surname literally translates to "Large Mountain," fitting his large and bulky appearance, as well as his choosing a battlefield modeled after the mountains where he claims the Vongola began their betrayal of the Simon. It also represents his Mountain Flame attribute.
- His pride is his strength and his Simon Ring.