Lal Mirch is an Arcobaleno who holds a corrupted Arcobaleno Pacifier, due to Colonnello's intervention. She is also a member of CEDEF, serving under Iemitsu Sawada, and a former instructor of COMSUBIN.
Character outline[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Lal Mirch sports dark blue hair, dark red-brown eyes and tan skin. She has a distinctive flame-shaped scar on her right cheek in the anime; over her right eye spread over the right side of her face in the manga.
She is first seen in infant form wearing combat gear, a crimson cape and an infrared visor. Lal also dons her corrupt Arcobaleno Pacifier on her chest like the other Arcobaleno.
Her adult form, as first seen upon Tsuna's arrival in the future, is far more developed. She wears a brown tank top, tight blue shorts and a tan cape. She still has her visor and dons a gorilla mask on her shoulder (presumably as shoulder armor). Her hair length is grown just past her shoulders.
When Lal was an instructor at COMSUBIN, she was shown to be wearing the standard brown instuctor uniform with a matching hat. Her hair only reached to her shoulders. Lal did not have the scar at that time, only appearing after the partial-curse was inflicted on her.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Lal Mirch comes off as a no-nonsense type of person. She is prone to lashing out on her students when they make a mistake or fail her high expectations. She outright tells Tsunayoshi Sawada that he isn't progressing as fast as she'd hoped, and then gives up on him as a student. On an occasion before that, while instructing Tsuna and his Rain and Storm Guardians about Rings and Boxes, she attacked Tsuna and Takeshi Yamamoto when she felt that she was losing their attention. Lal is very shy when it comes to her romantic feeling for Colonnello. Whenever she's teased by him, she hides her embarrassment by lashing out at him.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
As one of The Strongest Seven and former instructor of COMSUBIN, Lal Mirch is a strong fighter, possessing fast reflexes and strong punches. She is also adept in handling and using firearms.
Due to her status as a failed Arcobaleno. Lal Mirch's physical makeup is different from the others. Her body still ages, if very slowly. When she was first partially cursed, Colonnello explained that her Curse may gradually dissolve as long as she refrained from using her corrupted Pacifier's power. (To channel Rain Flames, the reason she was one of the I Prescelti Sette.) The partial Curse affected her Wave Energy and so, she also possesses both Mist Flames and Cloud Flames.
In the world 10-years-later, she is also partially affected by the Anti Tri-ni-sette Radiation.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Survival Blast: An attack where Lal Mirch fires several consecutive shots. This attack was powerful enough to completely destroy Verde's incomplete Box Weapons, as shown in Verde's Arcobaleno Trial.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Nuvola Gauntlet: Lal first used this Box Weapon against Tsuna and Gokudera and has been shown to fire bullets made of Mist Flame and regular lead ones. It is powered by Mist Flames.
- Scolopendra di Nuvola: Due to the Cloud's Propagation, her Box Weapon has the Ability to forcibly draw out Flame, which is how she subdued Tsuna. Also, they possess extremely sharp pincers which she used to skewer Ginger Bread in their battle.
- Balloon: A Box that serves to alert it's owner to a threat. When triggered, one of the four strings will burn with Mist Flames, signifying the general direction of the threat.
- Stealth Ring: A ring that can conceal Lal's presence from machines.
- Shotgun: Lal uses this shotgun to fire shots, an attack of it being named as "Survival Blast", firing a series of pinpoint shotgun blasts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lal Mirch (लाल मिर्च) is the Hindi name for chili pepper, or Capsicum annuum.
- Lal's Fandom number is 66.
- Lal has an inability to wish her students good luck when they go out to battle.
- In the manga, Lal's facial scar appears to be a burn mark from The Fated Day, however, in the anime it seems as if it is a scar due to her using her Pacifier's power too much.
- In the 3rd popularity poll, she was ranked 2nd out of all female characters.
- Character Songs Featured In:
References[edit | edit source]
- Amano, Akira. Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Vongola 77. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2007. Print. p.201
- Amano, Akira. REBORN! ēlDLIVE character's 365. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2016. Print.
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 42: Chapter 407
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 20: Chapter 179