It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Kikyo possesses the Cloud Mare Ring and is the leader of the Six Funeral Wreaths. Like the rest of the Funeral Wreaths, Kikyo resided in and ruled some other parallel universe but like the others, he faced great misfortune in this particular world. Their struggles gave them such strong resolution that Byakuran saw fit to equip each of them with Mare Rings. As a result, Kikyo is very loyal to Byakuran, following his every wish. His sharp perception and cool-headedness allow him to act according to what Byakuran would have wanted done without being ordered.
Kikyo has a very effeminate appearance. His sharp, teal eyes are made up with a similar shade of eye-shadow. His long, wavy, mint-colored hair is tied half up, half down and he sports golden cuff earrings. He's dressed in a black uniform jacket with a high collar worn exclusively by the Real Six Funeral Wreaths and matching black pants.
At present, his hair is shorter.
He is much more composed than his comrades, spending much of his time explaining the situation to them and occasionally, restraining them. When fighting, Kikyo will happily resort to underhanded means in order to win battles he deems a waste of time. He also appears to be the strategist when it comes to coordinating the moves of the Six Funeral Wreaths.
Kikyo was one of the Millefiore members chosen in the Choice battle. When Shoichi Irie launches decoys, Kikyo, Torikabuto, and Genkishi (disguised as "Saru") set about destroying them. After Genkishi was defeated by Yamamoto, Kikyo releases his bellflowers in Genkishi's armor and killed him under Byakuran's orders. Kikyo then proceeded to destroy the decoys at an accelerated rate. He encountered Hayato Gokudera on the way to the Vongola Base and easily disabled him. He then destroyed the Base and wounded Shoichi, eliminating his Dying Will Marker. As a result of this and Daisy's immortality, the Millefiore won.
After returning to Namimori in order to capture Yuni, Byakuran used his power to discover her location. Kikyo, Bluebell and Torikabuto then co-ordinated an attack on the Vongola, wounding many in the process. However after Torikabuto's defeat, they retreated. During the day of the final battle, Kikyo encountered Ryohei Sasagawa, Basil, Nosaru, Tazaru, and Lambo, and released his army of Velociraptor di Nuvola to combat them. However, the raptors were destroyed by Lambo's Vongola Box, Gyuudon. He then activates his Box of Carnage and fought Ryohei, who, because of his previous injuries, was unable to finish the fight. Kikyo then killed Kyoya Hibari, and later Xanxus. However, they were revealed to be Illusions created by Mukuro and Flan. During an all out battle with the Vongola, Ghost arrived and drained the Dying Will Flames of all those present. After Byakuran's defeat, the Varia cornered Kikyo, who started to explain that Byakuran had saved the Real Funeral Wreaths from misfortune in parallel worlds. Kikyo was then shot in the head by Xanxus and fell unconscious. Lussuria took his body, claiming to be able to "keep him alive" through the use of Sun Flame. Whether or not Kikyo actually survived is unclear.
The present Kikyo is seen along with the other Six Funeral Wreaths with Byakuran at the Giglio Nero Famiglia's mansion awaiting Yuni's release from the Sky Pacifier in his present form. He was eliminated during the second day of the Representative War after having his battle watch destroyed by a shot from adult Colonnello's rifle.
Weapons and Abilities
Like the other Funeral Wreaths, Kikyo had been informed of all the opponents Byakuran fought in parallel worlds. As such he knows all their techniques, strengths, and weaknesses. Kikyo has also been shown to be able to move at great speeds while using his Flame Boots, turn his hand into long stalks and can create a shield using his Mare Ring.
- Campanula di Nuvola (lit: Cloud Bellflowers): This Box Weapon unleashes several Flowers. These Flowers can be used as powerful projectiles, or drain the life force of a person. They can also block Box Weapons before they are activated.
- Nuvola Velociraptor (lit. Cloud Velociraptors): This summons an army of Velociraptors in order to overwhelm enemies. As stated by Kikyo, dinosaur Box Weapons are much more powerful than normal Animal type Box Weapons.
- Cloud Box of Carnage: Kikyo's most powerful Weapon, a Box Weapon placed on where his heart would've been. When activated, it transforms him into a Spinosaurus/Human hybrid with wing-shape Cloud Flames. Unlike the other Wreaths, Kikyo doesn't gain as many feral characteristics, but his power is the strongest, as he can use his Cloud Flame hair to create an army of Spinosaurus, making their forms different each time. In turn, even these Spinosaurus can continue to multiply, creating a never ending army of dinosaurs that can attack from any direction, which includes beneath the enemy.
- The Six Funeral Wreaths are all named after Flowers. Kikyo was named after the Chinese Bellflower.
- Kikyo's seiyuu, Kazuki Kato, sang the sixth opening for Reborn!, Easy Go.
- His catchphrase is "Ha-han", which translates to "O-ho".
- Before he was found by Byakuran, Kikyo was beaten by his employer.
- Kikyo's Open Carnage Weapon resembles the mythological hydra, a multi-headed serpent that is able to grow more heads to replace the ones that are cut off; Kikyo's weapon is the serpentine version of a spinosaurus that is able to multiply its heads in a similar manner. However, the spinosaurus look nothing like actual spinosaurus.
- "Bellflower" is both his weapon and what his name translates to.
- His Fandom Shorthand is 99.
- He has a character song, Kyouki no Hana.