It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Kawahira is a character who is mentioned to be a frequent customer of the ramen shop where Future I-Pin works. Future I-Pin is usually caught delivering his ramen when the Ten-Year Bazooka goes off, leaving Kawahira's ramen with soggy noodles.
Kawahira's alter ego, Checker Face, ((チェッカーフェイス, Chekkā Feisū?)), is the one responsible for bringing all Arcobaleno generations together and is the one behind the curse on their bodies. He is also responsible for all the Vindice's mangled bodies.
Ten years in the future, Kawahira was known to be helpful to Tsunayoshi Sawada and company, sending a Real Funeral Wreath fighter away to protect them from danger. However, as Checker Face, he appears to be calm and collected and fairly confident; he also appears to enjoy toying with the Arcobaleno's emotions, almost in a teasing fashion, as he spoke to them in a cryptic manner, much to the various Arcobalenos' ire. He also appears to be quite perceptive, as he had predicted that the Representative Battle of the Rainbow would attract Bermuda's attention and make him want to join. Because of his duty to protect the planet, he tricked and cursed seven people from generation to generation to become the protectors of Arcobaleno Pacifier as he believed that small sacrifices are necessary to prevent greater ones.
As Kawahira, he has white hair, pale skin, and a pair of round glasses. He typically dons a plain green kimono.
As Checker Face, he dons a mask with an iron hat with a checkered design partially drawn on and a metal eye-mask, as well as a slight smirk on the face. The mask also has a scar on its left cheek and a checkered pattern on its right cheek. He also carries a cane and wears a dark trench coat.
Weapons and Techniques
- Segno Hell Ring: Kawahira, both in the present and in the future, utilizes the Segno Hell Ring to mask his Flame presence to avoid detection.
- Illusions: Kawahira is able to use his Mist Flame to create flawless illusions.
- Mist Flame: Although no other specific techniques if Illusions are excluded, Kawahira has an ostentatiously powerful Mist Flame presence due to the fact that he was of the species that lived on Earth before the humans. It is said to easily be 10 times of even Bermuda or Tsuna's Flame capacity, even while in Ultimate Dying Will Mode.
- Kawahira has been shown to be able to create fake murderous intent.
- Kawahira is a customer of the Ramen Shop where future I-Pin works, being constantly mentioned by her.
- According to Future I-Pin in Haru's Haru Haru Interview: Dangerous he likes soy sauce ramen, salt ramen, and miso ramen.
- Also according to I-Pin, once every 2 days he orders spicy and once every 4 days he orders chilled Chinese ramen.
- According to Future I-Pin, Uncle Kawahira has been married at least "three times," and apparently has a daughter from one marriage, since Future I-Pin once borrowed a yukata from her.
- During the Future Arc, when Reborn and Tsuna questioned who he was, he lied saying that he was the son of the old lady who owned his shop, Kawahira Realtor, that died three years ago.
- In Katekyō Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX - Kessen! Real 6 Chouka, he is incorrectly shown to have blond hair.
- In a recent strength poll, Kawahira ranked 15th.