Iemitsu Sawada is the father of Tsunayoshi Sawada and the husband of Nana Sawada. He is the leader of the CEDEF, the External Advisor to the Vongola Famiglia, and Basil's master.As a member of the CEDEF, which is both part of, and yet separate from, the main family, makes him ineligible to be a candidate for the position of Boss of the Vongola.
Iemitsu has short blond hair and a tall muscular build. In the manga, when he's colored, he has gold amber eyes and brown eyes in the anime. When in casual clothes, he wears a white tank top and an orange construction work jumpsuit with the upper half off and tied around his waist. He has been seen to wear boxer shorts. When working, he wears a suit and tie.
Iemitsu is a very happy-go-lucky person who loves to drink, sleep, and dream of Nana. At the same time, he takes his job seriously. When he left home, he wanted Nana to tell Tsuna that he'd gone away and "become a star," a euphemism for dying. His cover story was that he was working traffic at construction sites, but he was really away on Vongola business.
Weapons and Abilities
- Pickaxe: Iemitsu's only seen weapon is a pickaxe. He is proficient in using, as he was shown to be able to dig large holes in extremely short amounts of time. He was also able to blow a hole through a wall of Namimori Middle School while armed with his pickaxe.
- Hyper Dying Will Mode: This occurs when one has been hit with the Criticism Shot or has ingested two Dying Will Pills. Hyper Dying Will Mode removes internal limiters instead of the external ones, thus releasing one's hidden awareness. Iemitsu, however, is skilled enough to enter this mode without the pill or the bullet, being able to activate it at will.
- Flame-Enhanced Punch: Iemitsu coats his arms in Sky Flames and punches the target.
- Enhanced Strength: Iemitsu is extremely powerful and is able to lift a huge chunk of earth, one handed, with practiced ease.
- Extreme Defense: Iemitsu is able to take on Tsuna's strongest attacks head on without being damaged or show any signs of injury.
- Nana and Iemitsu are ranked first as a "loving married couple" by Futa.
- Lambo, I Pin, Bianchi and Futa call him Papa.
- His hobby is teaching his underlings Japanese culture.
- His favorite food is Nana's cooking and his favorite drink is sake.