It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
I-Pin is an assassin from Hong Kong. Even though the 5-year-old I-Pin cannot speak Japanese well, the 15-year-old "Adult I-Pin" eventually enters a Japanese college, and despite the fact that she is the 3rd Most Promising Young Assassin (Fuuta ranked her as being the third out of 52,262 people for being a Promising Assassin), she works part-time at a Ramen restaurant in the future, though she still retains her skills. Kawahira is a frequent customer of the Ramen Shop that the 15-year-old I-Pin works for; however, it seems that every time I-Pin goes to deliver the ramen, she is transported into the past by the Ten-Year Bazooka, and the noodles become soggy. When she is first seen, it is believed that she is a boy due to her unfeminine apperance. She would often beat up Lambo because she sees him as a "Broccoli Monster" due to her near-sightedness. She has a crush on Kyoya Hibari, who looks like her master Fon, so every time she sees him, she gets shy and activates the Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion.
Her first appearence takes place as she is been given a mission to assassiate someone in Japan. However due to her near-sightedness she thinks Tsuna is her target and attempts to kill him instead. However, after clarification she immediately drops the mission and even ends up living at Tsuna's house. She spends her time either helping out Nana or chasing Lambo.
I-Pin, Fuuta, and Lambo are attacked by Leviathan's subordinates. After Lambo is hit, I-Pin does battle with one of the thugs to protect them. When Tsuna shows up, it is revealed that even this young I-Pin successfully held her own against a Varia member.
Arrival & Search for the Strongest
Future I-Pin and Future Lambo are seen briefly for this period; they are being attacked by Nosaru and Tazaru while trying to lead Haru and Kyoko to safety by means of Lambo's entrance to the hideout. Before Adult Yamamoto has a chance to finish Nosaru off, he reverts to his regular self and she, Yamamoto, Haru, and Lambo (all from the past) are knocked unconscious.
Ryohei later gives her a doll of her master Fon, which is shown to have a Red Arcobaleno Pacifier.
While everyone was training for the Choice battle, Chrome wasn't eating properly and not joining the others. One day, I-Pin went to her room and offered her a gyoza bun. Both of them sat in the room and ate together. After that, Chrome was starting to open up to the other girls (Bianchi, Kyoko, and Haru), and they all became somewhat of friends.
I-Pin was one of the participants in Fon's Trial, but I-Pin didn't even try to catch her master; rather, she watched Tsuna and the other participants try to catch Fon, though she did want to help. When the trial was nearly over, I-Pin, who was hiding in the shadows since the beginning, intervened and prevented Fon's escape. They fought briefly using martial arts and Gyoza Kempo, but her biggest accomplishment was when she used Gyoza Kempo on Lambo, using him to send Fon flying into Tsuna's lap.
I-Pin is not one of the participants in Choice and therefore watches the battle from the Vongola viewing area.
After returning from the past with the rest of Tsuna's Family, I-Pin was always seen together with Kyoko, Haru and Yuni. However, they were interrupted when Zakuro, one of the Real Six Funeral Wreaths, attacked the Vongola Base. I-Pin and the other non-combat personnel were escorted outside by Tsuna and his Guardians.
I-Pin and Lambo have a sibling relationship. I-Pin sees Lambo as a spoilt selfish child, similar to how Gokudera sees him. I-Pin is nearly always the first person to punish Lambo for misbehaving. She does however care for Lambo as seen when he was hospitalized during the Ring Conflict.
Weapons and Abilities
- Gyoza-Kempo/Fist: An attack that combines her martial arts abilities with special Gyoza dumplings laced with the scent of garlic.
- Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion: A special countdown begins and appears on the middle of her forehead. When the countdown gets to 1, she becomes a human bomb and an explosion follows, able to create a small crater.
- Daisangen: A move only Adult I-Pin uses; she lays on the enemy's shoulders while they are standing, locking their arms and head.
- Adult I-Pin's Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion was sealed by her master, but the words "Broccoli Monster" cause it to reactivate.
- Every time she sees Hibari, her Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion is activated. In her Future form, however, she does not seem to be affected when she sees Hibari; she did cross paths with him once, but simply glanced at him and went to go deliver ramen.
- Her first Japanese word was "delicious," which was said to Chrome about I-Pin's special buns that seemed to cause erratic movement (manga only).
- In the Future, Ryohei made a doll of her master, Fon, for her.
- Due to her single braid, she is called "Tail Head" (Shipu-atama) by Lambo.
- She has very nearsighted vision and thought that Lambo is a "Broccoli Monster".
- She always forgets things and almost killed Kyoko and Haru with her meat buns.
- I-Pin's name is a reference to the Mahjong Pinzu tiles.
- Chracter Songs Featured In:
- Yakusoku no Basho e
- Yakusoku no Basho e - vs. Millefiore
- Yakusoku no Basho e (Chinese version)
- Gyoza Gyuudon Setto no Uta (with Lambo)
- Onemu Uta (with Lambo)
- Tanoshiku Nacchau Uta (with Lambo)
- Sore ga Koi no Okite Nano (with Kyoko and Haru)
- Ramen Nobichau no Uta (Adult)
- Tatta Latta (with Lambo, Kyoko, Haru, and Chrome)