It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
I-Pin is an assassin from Hong Kong. Even though the 5-year-old I-Pin cannot speak Japanese well, the 15-year-old "Future I-Pin" eventually enters a Japanese college, and despite the fact that she is the 3rd Most Promising Young Assassin (Fuuta ranked her as being the third out of 52,262 people for being a Promising Assassin), she works part-time at a ramen restaurant in the future, though she still retains her skills. Kawahira is a frequent customer of the Ramen Shop that the 15-year-old I-Pin works for; however, it seems that every time I-Pin goes to deliver the ramen, she is transported into the past by the Ten-Year Bazooka, and the noodles become soggy. When she is first seen, it is believed that she is a boy due to her unfeminine appearance. She would often beat up Lambo because she sees him as a "Broccoli Monster" due to her near-sightedness. She has a crush on Kyoya Hibari, who looks like her master Fon; as a result, every time she sees him, she gets shy and activates the Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion.
Character Outline Edit
At present, she is mostly bald except for a single braid that has earned her the nickname "Tail-head" from Lambo. Her eyes are always closed and she wears a red cheongsam-style shirt with white sleeve cuffs over dark shorts. She has circular red spots on her cheeks and noticeably no ears. In the future, she has been shown wearing the same shirt over long, plain white trousers. When working, she wears a plain white uniform with a matching headscarf. Her older self styles her hair in two braids instead of one.
|!||This section requires expansion.|
Weapons and Abilities Edit
- Gyoza-Kempo/Fist: An attack that combines her martial arts abilities with special Gyoza dumplings laced with the scent of garlic.
- Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion: A special countdown begins and appears on the middle of her forehead. When the countdown gets to 1, she becomes a human bomb and an explosion follows, able to create a small crater.
- Haisangen: A move only Future I-Pin uses; she lies on the enemy's shoulders while they are standing, locking their arms and head.
- In the Card Games, I-Pin is attributed to have Sun and Storm Flames.
- Future I-Pin's Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion was sealed by her master Fon, but the words "Broccoli Monster" cause it to reactivate.
- Every time she sees Hibari, her Pinzu-Timed Super Explosion is activated, symbolizing her embarrassment and shyness around him. In her future form, however, she does not seem to be affected when she sees Hibari; she did cross paths with him once, but simply glanced at him and went to go deliver ramen.
- I-pin literally has no ears, yet she can still hear just fine. Strangely, at the age of 15 years, she has fully-developed, normal ears.
- Her first Japanese word was "delicious," which was said to Chrome about I-Pin's special buns that seemed to cause erratic movement (manga only).
- Due to her single braid, she is called "Tail Head" (Shipu-atama) by Lambo.
- She always forgets things and almost killed Kyoko and Haru with her Gyoza-Kempo buns, which contain the essence of 5 million gyoza, enough to kill a person.
- I-Pin's name is a reference to the Mahjong Pinzu tiles.
- I-Pin has really high "mafia hide-and-seek" rankings.
- I-Pin has no ears but she senses hearing from somewhere around her forehead.
- Future I-Pin is loosely based from the main character of Akira Amano's previous work, Petit Petit Rabbit.
- Future I-Pin has a dragon tattoo like Fon, but on her leg in Reborn! Colore.
- In the manga, I-Pin speaks in a kind of Chinese writing known as Grass Script, a style infamous for its difficulty to read. This is replaced by broken Japanese in the anime.
- Character Songs Featured In:
- Yakusoku no Basho e
- Yakusoku no Basho e - vs. Millefiore
- Yakusoku no Basho e (Chinese version)
- Gyoza Gyuudon Setto no Uta (with Lambo)
- Onemu Uta (with Lambo)
- Tanoshiku Nacchau Uta (with Lambo)
- Sore ga Koi no Okite Nano (with Kyoko and Haru)
- Ramen Nobichau no Uta (Adult)
- Tatta Latta (with Lambo, Kyoko, Haru, and Chrome)
- Mirai no Oozora e