Giotto is the founder and first boss of the Vongola Famiglia, giving him the title of Vongola Primo. He is the progenitor of the Blood of Vongola, and the direct ancestor of Iemitsu Sawada and Tsunayoshi Sawada. He is also the creator of the Zero Point Breakthrough. Giotto's will and spirit currently resides in the Sky Vongola Ring.
Giotto is a young man of average height with spiky blond hair and sharp orange eyes. He looks similar to Tsuna. He wears a black pinstripe suit, white undershirt, and black tie. His cloak is black with an upturned collar, red tassels, and cloak clasps with intricate designs. He also wears his I-Gloves. In most of his appearances, he is constantly in Hyper Dying Will Mode.
Giotto is a calm and collected leader with a strong sense of justice. He actively pursues what he believes is right for the people of his hometown.
Giotto deeply cares for his friends and Famiglia and is willing to protect them from harm. Reborn once stated that Vongola Primo was the kind of person who accepted anyone into the Famiglia, regardless of background. He values friendship and other bonds that he has with people he knows, and wishes for their bonds to be always remembered.
He is a forgiving person that never holds any grudges. When Demon Spade betrayed him, Giotto still considered him as one of his Guardians. He is also very charismatic, able to attract and welcome many kinds of people into his vigilante group.
Giotto was noted to be similar to Tsuna in many aspects, especially his soft nature. He also shares Tsuna's belief that a person who is not willing to die protecting his friends, does not deserve to be a Vongola boss.
Equipment and abilities Edit
Giotto was a very powerful fighter and known to be the strongest Vongola Sky throughout history. He is the only known Vongola Boss to possess the ability to seal away one's Hyper Intuition. Giotto is normally seen in Hyper Dying Will Mode. He has fast reflexes, able to utilize the Vongola Hyper Intuition to dodge a bullet.
- I-Gloves - A pair of special combat gloves. These are the same as Tsuna's X-Gloves, being able to ignite the Dying Will Flame.
- Sky Vongola Ring: Given to him by Sepira, these rings were distributed among his Guardians, and eventually passed on to the next generations of Bosses and Guardians.
- Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition: A technique using negative compressed energy to seal away Dying Will Flames. This technique is created by Giotto, and later used by Vongola Nono and Tsuna.
Appearance in other Media Edit
In the Drama CD: Proof of Friendship, which focuses on he and his Guardians' daily life activities, Giotto makes an appearance along with his Guardians. In this story, Giotto had planned and arranged a secret dinner together with his Guardians and went to the town to finish the preparation until night with his Guardians secretly following him out of their curiosity and worry. While he visited Talbot's crafting shop, his Guardians mistook him being threatened because of the silhouette of paper knife and abruptly entered the shop but ended up bumping into each other. After they had cleared up their misunderstanding, Giotto took them to the restaurant that he had prepared for the dinner and gave them the golden pocket watches that were made by Talbot under his request as proof of their friendship. All of them had a toast up which they are toasting for the Famiglia as well as celebrating their eternal friendship.
- Giotto's descendants and his own Japanese name are named after Tokugawa Shoguns: Ieyasu, Yoshimune, Yoshinobu, Ietsuna, Iemitsu, and Tsunayoshi.
- Giotto's silhouette was briefly shown in the Kokuyo Arc during the battle of Tsuna versus Mukuro.
- Giotto's name can be translated as "gentle/peaceful ruler" in Italian. It is also the name of a famous Italian painter.
- In the most recent poll, Giotto ranked 12th in popularity and 6th in strength.
- In the Drama CD, Giotto mentioned that the name "Primo" was given to him by his Guardians. Demon revealed that the name shows their dedication that they will ensure the lasting of the Famiglia.
- Giotto becomes the final boss in every story mode of Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Kindan no Yami no Delta.
- Giotto likes safety and smiles of local citizens, Family, Cozzato and his Family, while he dislikes when the weak one got hurt.
- Giotto's voice actor, Daisuke Namikawa, also voiced ten-years-later Tsuna when he was briefly shown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 10: Chapter 087
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Amano, Akira. Katekyō Hitman Reborn! Vongola 77. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2007. Print. p.16
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Amano, Akira. REBORN! ēlDLIVE character's 365. Tokyo: Shueisha. 2016. Print.
- ↑ Giotto's birthday artwork by Akira Amano