Genkishi is an A-rank Millefiore subordinate known as Byakuran's right-hand man and the strongest soldier before the appearance of the Six Funeral Wreaths. This strength, coupled with his powerful illusions, earned him the nickname The Phantom Knight, leading even other Millefiore Captains, such as Gamma, to fear him.
|!||This section requires expansion.|
He was fiercely loyal to Byakuran, referring to him as a God and, as such, blindly followed all his orders, even going as far as betraying his former family on Byakuran's order. The only time he showed hesitation was when Uni was around or when he was reminded of her. Though mostly calm while fighting, Genkishi lost all control whenever he used his Ossa Impressione Hell Ring and began ranting. Tsunayoshi Sawada even commented that his stoic self was more fearsome, despite having less power.
Weapons and abilities Edit
- Ōgi: Shiken (lit. Secret Art: Four Swords): Known as the Millfiore's strongest swordsman, Genkishi can use four Swords at once, holding two in his hands and two with his feet.
- Illusions: Genkishi, is a powerful illusionist, capable of fooling even cameras and machines as seen during his battle with Squalo. He is strong enough to warrant the title Fake Mist Funeral Wreath.
- Fake Mist Mare Ring: Worn by Genkishi when he was thought to be one of the Six Funeral Wreaths, but the ring only had a stone of Rank-A quality.
- Spettro Nudibranchi: A large number of slugs that create Illusions altering the landscape around opponents. They can move independently or as a group towards a target and explode on impact while remaining hidden. The only method demonstrated to avoid this attack is to use Dying Will Flames to detect a change in vibrations.
- Ossa Impressione Hell Ring: Using this Hell Ring Genkishi can summon the Weaponry of War (Armamento da Guerra), consisting of the Spettrale Spada and Nebbia Numero Due. However, when used too much, the Ring will mentally control the user, who will then take the form of a skeletal Knight. Illusions of the enemy's loved ones can then be expelled from the Knight's mouth, thus forcing the enemy to follow the user's will. According to Genkishi, the Illusions are tied to the lives of their real counterparts, though this was never confirmed.
- Spettro Spada: The illusion sword can create multiple copies of itself as well as mist flames, to be used as countless projectiles.
- Nebbia Numero Due: The Nebbia Numero Due's technical specifications include solidness for use in close-combat, but is also light-weight and easy to move around.
- In Japanese, "Gen" means "Illusion" or "phantom" and "kishi" means "knight," thus making him "Phantom Knight."
- Genkishi participates in Choice under the name "Saru," which, in Japanese, translates to "monkey."
- In a recent popularity poll, Genkishi ranked 16th.