Gelaro is the main antagonist of Katekyō Hitman Reborn! DS Fate of Heat III - Yuki no Shugosha Raishuu! and the Vongola Snow Guardian. He is the tenth Boss of the Bertesca Famiglia, one of the allies of the Vongola Famiglia since the times of both Famiglias' respective first generations, and is in possession of the Vongola Snow Ring. His territory is the Catafalco Island in the Mediterranean.
Gelaro is a tall teenager with pale blue colored, spiky hair. He wears a winter jacket with a dark grey suit and an orange necktie beneath. White pants, a pair of white gloves, white earmuffs, and long dark brown boots complete his outfit.
For the most part of the game, he is usually shown to be calm and cool-headed. Due to years of isolation at Catafalco Island and harsh persecution during his childhood, it's quite hard for him to interact with people outside the residents of the island, speaking with others in cold demeanor.
He takes his position as Bertesca boss seriously and always prioritizes his Family's welfare. However, behind all those traits, deep inside he was actually feeling bound by his duty as Bertesca Boss, hating the fact that he cannot choose his own path as his purpose to live had already been decided since even before he was born and longing for freedom. His desire for freedom caused him to be easily manipulated by Parvento, and showed a fiercer side of him to the point where he had no qualms about sacrificing several people in the process.
But after knowing the truth and starting to interact with Tsuna and his family, he started to show the softer side of him as well as his love for his family and the villagers of the island.
Weapons and Abilities Edit
Most of Gelaro's powers are drawn from his Vongola Snow Ring. He uses a staff as his main weapon for hand-to-hand combat. The staff can be retracted and he always carries it with him beneath his jacket.
- Ice & Snow Manipulation - Gelaro has the ability to control or create pillars or objects of ice and snow. This ability has many sub-abilities as consequence, depending on the way Gelaro uses this power. Some examples are:
- Cataratta di Neve, lit. "Snow Cataract" (カタレット・ディ・ネーヴェ, Kataretto di Nēve?)
- Braccio di Neve, lit. "Snow Arm" (ブロッチョ・ディ・ネーヴェ, Buroccho di Nēve?)
- Gabbia di Neve, lit. "Cage of Snow" (ガッビア・ディ・ネーヴェ, Gabbia di Nēve?)
- Nivale Parvenza, lit. "Snowy Semblance" (ニヴァーレ・パルヴェーゼ, Nivāre Paruvēze?)
- Reggente Territorio, lit. "Regent Territory" (リジェンテ・テッリトーリオ, Rejjente Territōrio?)
- Polvera di Diamante, lit. "Diamond Dust"
- Nivale Aurora, lit. "Snowy Aurora"
- Renne di Neve, lit. "Snow Reindeer" - Gelaro's Box Weapon, a reindeer that rushes towards enemies.
- Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition - Like Giotto, Tsuna, and Timoteo, he is able to seal away Dying Will Flames into ice that can only be melted by strong Dying Will Flames.
- Gelaro's name was originated from the word "gelare" that means "freeze" in Italian.
- In the game, he has a special attack with Tsuna called "The Vongola Bond," showing that he feels he is a part of the Vongola Famiglia as well.
- Besides Fate of Heat III, he also appears as a support character at Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX - Kessen! Shin 6 Chouka.
- He, along with the Bertesca Primo, are the only characters not possessing the Vongola bloodline to able to use Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition (although it should be noted that both characters have no relation to the actual plot of the story).
- He and the Tenth Simon Boss, Enma Kozato has some similarities:
- Both live in an island that also serves as their Famiglia's main base operation.
- Both lost their parents when they were young.
- Both at first had trouble communicating with people outside their Famiglias.
- Both lived a harsh childhood due to being isolated from outside world.
- Both are manipulated into fighting Vongola (Gelaro by Parvento, and Enma by Demon Spade).
- Both eventually fighting together with Tsuna to defeat their respective enemies and reconciled.