G. was Giotto's childhood friend. He helped Giotto form the vigilante group that became the core of the Vongola Famiglia. Like Giotto, he also shares a close friendship with the Simon Primo, Cozarto. Along with Giotto, he met Cozarto when they returned his wallet that he dropped on purpose for their acquaintance, Paolo, due to his master's horrible treatment towards him. They became friends after Giotto revealed that they had also done the same thing for Paolo by dropping off the same amount of money they had. When Franco, a florist and acquaintance of G., Giotto, and Cozart was attacked and heavily injured by thugs because he refused to give them a 90% off discount, G. and Giotto arrived at his shop and had enough of it, prompting Cozarto to suggest a vigilante group if the law couldn't protect them and the civilians.
During the middle of the massive Mafia war between Vongola and its rival Family, Giotto, G., and the other Guardians discussed their next tactic in the Vongola Mansion until Knuckle interrupted and informed them that Cozarto and his Famiglia were cornered within the enemy's territory. When Daemon offered to help the Simon, knowing Daemon's true intention, Giotto ordered G. and the rest of the Guardians to disguise themselves as Daemon's subordinates and secretly save Cozarto and his family. When they arrived at Cozarto's place and revealed themselves, G. told Cozarto to trust them and leave the rest to them while he and Cozarto went to where Giotto was. After he safely escorted Cozarto and his Famiglia to a safe place where Giotto was waiting for them, G. became the witness of the oath made by both Giotto and Cozarto.
G. has chin-length pale, almost pink, red hair. His eyes are a shade darker than his hair. He has a red tattoo on the right side of his face that looks similar to a Storm Flame. He wears a white collared shirt which is un-buttoned a few buttons, black pants and he had a dark green tie that hangs loosely around his neck. In the manga, he is usually seen smoking, though this was removed from the anime for censorship reasons.
He's shown to be similar to Gokudera; he speaks in a rough manner and easily gets angry when it comes to something that he disapproves of or despises. However, G. is more mature and responsible and always thinks first before acting, which makes him a helpful and reliable right-hand man, something that Tsuna admitted when he disguised himself as Gokudera during his trial. However, Fon noted that at certain points, G. shared Gokudera's rash, naive, short-tempered traits. He's fiercely loyal to Giotto, his friends and those who earn his respect; at the same time, he does not easily forgive someone whom he views as an enemy or a traitor, evidenced when G. stated that he hadn't forgiven Daemon and insisted on stopping him when Giotto ordered them to watch Daemon's Trial.
When Tsuna and the others return to the past with Yuni to train before battle with the Millefiore, Yuni summons Vongola Primo and was told that the First Guardians of the Vongola will observe them to see if they are worthy to inherit the Vongola's true power. At night, he appears from the Vongola Storm Ring in front of Gokudera at the same time as the other Primo Guardians and states that he cannot wait to see Gokudera's resolve.After Yamamoto passes a retake of his trial, G. stands on the roof of the shrine with Ugetsu and states that he is being too soft.
During Gokudera's trial, he disguised himself as Gokudera while Fon gave him some time by stalling Gokudera, who believed that Uri went hiding in the bushes, prompting him to go search for Uri until the end of school. G. goes to school and constantly helps Tsuna in a calm and indirect manner, the way a right-hand man should be. On their way back from school, a group of school thugs who Gokudera had beaten up yesterday appear, but they are easily beaten by G., who then encounters the real Gokudera, along with Fon and Uri. He then drops the disguise and asks Tsuna how he feels about his performance. Tsuna states that he was very reliable. Hearing this, G. then tells Gokudera that his irresponsible behavior only bring more danger to Tsuna instead of protecting him, deeming he is not fit to be the Guardian of Storm, much less Tsuna's right-hand man, and thus, he told him to return the Vongola Ring and go back to Italy.
However, Tsuna protests and says that even if he is not fit to be a Guardian or perfect right-hand man, he is still a friend and will not let him go. Gokudera then declares that even if he doesn't receive his inheritance, he will still stay to protect Tsuna, and that his resolve is firm. Seeing how strong their bond is, which is very important to become right-hand man, G. deems him worthy. With Tsuna and Gokudera confused, Fon then explains to them the meaning of the trial. G. says that one cannot serve as a right-hand man if the boss doesn't completely trust him, but if their bond is firm, they could face any enemy that they encounter. Gokudera successfully completes the trial and receives the inheritance.
Afterwards, G. stands by the shrine a while before Giotto appears, stating that even without his Hyper Intuition; Tsuna was still able to realize that he was a fake. G. states that it's natural because they are carrying on the Vongola they created as he stated that he didn't regret a single bit during their times in the past.
Later, at Namimori Shrine, he along with other the Guardians and Giotto meet to discuss the trials so far, and the one yet to come. All of them look worried since the next trial will be Daemon Spade's and feels that the trial won't goes well as they hoped. The next day, he along with the other Guardians and Giotto watch the confrontation from afar, and debate on whether they should interfere or not. However, Giotto stops any of the Guardians from interfering.
After Daemon's trial is finished, he and Giotto, along with the rest of the other Guardians, return to the Vongola Rings.
Weapons and Abilities
G. was the First Storm Guardian as well as Giotto's childhood friend. Initially he used to use a gun when fighting, but he used the weapon he got from Primo when he carried out any Vongola duty, and was said to have never lost.
- G's Archery: G.'s Archery is a bow made with a bone structure and a body embedded with an "I." It is covered in Storm Flames as well as the string used to launch arrows. It launches Storm Flames with great power.
- Gun: He initially used a Gun which he carried almost as a part of himself, much like Gokudera's Dynamite, but switched to a bow given to him by Giotto himself whenever he acted in the name of the Vongola.
- Hand-to-hand combat: G. was able to knock out a bunch of thugs that Gokudera had angered beforehand in mere seconds with no problem at all.
- In the Reborn! Fandom, he would likely be referred to as either G or 2, if those had not already been taken by Giotto and Fuuta respectively. It's possible that he'd be referred to as 02 to differentiate from Fuuta, but this may still lead to confusion.
- Like Lampo, his hair is a similar color to his Dying Will Flame.
- Uri had taken an immediate liking to G., much to Gokudera's anger.
- In the recent popularity poll, he ranked 16th.
- Gokudera and G. have several similarities between them:
- According to Fon, G. could be rash and impatient like Gokudera does at certain points.
- G. used a Gun and then switches to a bow, like Gokudera used Dynamite and then used the same bow.
- Both use mid-range weapons.
- Habit of smoking (manga only).
- Both make sounds of disapproval when they are angry.
- Both are former delinquents.
- Similar appearances.
- His relationships with Ugetsu and Lampo are similar with Gokudera's relationships with Yamamoto and Lambo.
- G. and Giotto were the first two members of their vigilante group, just as Tsuna and Gokudera were the first two members of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia.
- G. holds a grudge against Daemon for his betrayal, similar to Gokudera, who has never forgiven nor considered Mukuro as part of the Vongola.
- G was the right-hand-man of Vongola Primo (Giotto), just like Gokudera who wants to become Tsuna's right-hand-man (a feat he achieves in the future).