The Flame Arrow is a metal cannon strapped to the user's arm with a skull's face over the hand and a barrel aimed out of the skull's mouth. Another skull mounted on the rear end of the cannon allows various ammunition to be loaded.
The cannon's main attack is a burst of pure Storm Flames. It can also fire special missiles when mixed with other types of Dying Will Flames. The cannon can issue instruction in Italian by spelling words in Dying Will Flames.
Types of ammunition Edit
- Dynamites - Hayato Gokudera first used dynamite as ammunition for the Flame Arrow.
- Storm Flames - If the attack is not focused by closing the Skull's mouth on the front end, the cannon releases a burst of air that extinguishes Dying Will Flames. If it is focused, however, the resulting attack is a large amount of Storm Flames extending about five meters, covering a wide radius.
- Rain Tube - By coating the Storm beams with Rain Flames, enemy Flames are weakened by the Tranquility characteristic. This allows the beams to penetrate the enemy's defenses.
- Sun Cartridge - The Sun Flame's Activation characteristic and high power output increases the speed of the bullets, creating an attack with incredible acceleration.
- Cloud Tube - With the Cloud Flame's Propagation characteristic, the cannon fires one shot that splits and branches out, creating a near unavoidable widespread blast.
- Lightning Tube - Creates an attack known as Flame Thunder. The attack is a solid penetrating beam due to the Lightning Flame's Solidification characteristic. Gokudera claims it is his strongest attack.