Latifa Lindselhen is the second princess of the Lindselhen Family of Assassins. She was affiliated with the Cranio Famiglia since birth, but officially became the Sun Guardian after she owed the Cranio Decimo for curing her blindness. She is currently the fiancée of her own personal butler, and the former butler of the Lindselhen Household, Claude Thompson. She may not be a strong assassin, but she is the brains behind most of the plans by the Cranio Famiglia's missions and is the one almsot everyone consults when their feeling down.
History[edit | edit source]
Since she was born, Latifa was considered the most defective yet most valuable assassin of the Lindselhen Family. The family always consults her when it comes to plans regarding any assassination missions given by their liason, and she always comes up with accurate, efficient and effective plans that always has the best outcomes. She never liked conflict, so she was hesitant to give out her plans but does it regardless in fear of being abandoned. She always felt pressured by the family and was able to find comfort in Claude, a butler she never asked but always wanted. She hated that she was blind and couldn't see his face, to see the face of the man who was her continous source of strength. She felt like she didn't deserve him, being wheelchair bounded and blind, she felt that he was overworking and was never able to focus on the other family members, not knowing of his choice. When Claude has spare time, he secretly plays chess with Latifa and wondered how she always wins despite being blind.
One incidient in particular put her and Claude on the Cranio Famiglia's radar, it was an attempted kidnapping by the Millie Famiglia. Latifa's intuition, sense and genius intellect, combined with Claude's determination and superior physical capabilities was able to fight probably the most dangerous group of the Millie Famiglia. Not liking what they did, there was an all out invasion from the Millie Famiglia. Claude and Latifa worked together to prevent the invasion from being successful. However they weren't able to completely hold them off, until the young executive of the Cranio Famiglia and her sister saved them.
Being the mafia organization that the Lindselhen Family is affiliated with, the Cranio Executive requested their services, while Claude wanted to refute, Latifa knowing the fate of a Lindselhen accepted. To thank them, the young executive, who introduced herself as Nikaido Arisa, even cured her blindness and give her the ability to see again. When she regained her sight, she was extremely happy and the first thing she did was turn to the man who continued to willingly stay by her side. The second thing she did was hugging Claude while crying and thanking him for staying with her for a long time. After the whole ordeal, Arisa offered her and Claude to be one of her Sun and Cloud Guardians respectively, later on they along with a few other individuals helped Arisa kill Cranio Nono and his Guardians and usurped their spot, becoming the Cranio Decimo and Guardians.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Latifa is cheerful person and she is often seen with a smile on her face. She is a caring and passionate person who is shown to be concerned about the future of the Cranio Famiglia and the Lindselhen Household. Despite seeming soft and sweet, it's clear that she would go to great lengths to protect her family and fellow guardians by how she was willing to kill anyone who she never met before to prove that even she can be heartless and cruel for the sake of her friends. She is a trusting person who is willing to put the future of her life in the hands of murderers and rival assassins like Sakusa and Patrick. She is also very calm in difficult situations, and she has shown to be not mind that she wasn't able to see before.
Latifa has a soft and clear voice, and her smile is able to spread to others, as if infecting them with her sweetness. Despite being born into a family of assassins, she has some trepidation towards war, heavily disliking conflict and not wanting to fight unless necessary. She desires to heal her legs, but is unable to ans is left disheartened but very much confident that she can eventually heal her legs. Aside from Claude, her Butler, she especially trusts Sakusa knowing full well that he is just depressed and sad on the inside after the death of his wife and children. Ten years in the future, Ryuya described that she hasn't changed one bit and kept the same kind personality that made her charming. She has shown to like the magic tricks that Sakusa shows her everytime he visits the guardian's base, so much so that Claude got jealous and asked Sakusa on some street magic tips.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Latifa is young girl with yellow hair, She has a silver teeny tiara and blue eyes. Her hairstyle is hips length and and she has hair which covers her entire forehead. She wears a peach and white dress. The top layer has flower patterns at the ends of her dress. She has a pink corset. Latifa wears white gloves. She wears two necklaces of different sizes along with a white see through wrap. When representing the Cranio Famiglia as a sun guardian, she has shown to wear a simple black suit and tie. It's usually matched with a yellow short-sleeved dress shirt, black mini skirt and black high heels. When Ryuya accidentally travelled ten years in the future, he described that latifa hasn't changed a bit in terms of appearance.
Weapons & Abilities[edit | edit source]
Most of the time, Latifa is wheelchair bounded. As such, not much can be said about her physical prowess. However her intelligence is a different matter, she is considered the brains of the assassinations of the Lindselhen Family of Assassins. However when she does gain the usage of her legs via her Asura Mode, she has shown to be extremely capable of physical combat, however this could just be the combat abilities of her Box Weapon. She is the smartest person among the Six Guardians, displaying to be an extreme planner, capable of having multiple parallel plans that mostly end in the same outcome. Since regaining her sight, she has also shown to be capable of reading the feelings, thoughts and emotions of others vis subtle gestures and bodily motions. This, combined with her intellect also allows her to predict people's actions, even against an expert assassin with weapons. Due to being born a natural assassin and hitman, she has developed the ability to slightly predict what the actions her opponents will take in combat and can pick up on the signs of someone still having a trump card to play and see through people's deceptions through their mannerisms, the hope in their eyes and facial expression.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
- Proiettile di Sereno: Translated as Bullets of the Sun. Through her customized wheelchair, Latifa is able to fire sets of Sun Flames as projectiles. The sun flames can either envelop a bullet to increase it's speed, penetration and power; or she can fire Sun Flames alone, which numbs all the body's organs and nearly shuts them down making the body act as if it were dead. It acts as a homing missile and can even split into two or more projectiles at will. She is also able to fire a powerful blast that appears to have heat equalling that of solar flares coming out of it, and then it shoots in a direct blast that destroys anything it touches with an immense amount of destructive power.
- Guarigione del Sereno: Translated as Healing of the Sun. Using the activation characteristic of the Sun Flames, Latifa is capable of restoring biotic organisms to their optimal health, curing damaged or withered organisms, wounds, broken bones, low vitality, and diseases/poisoning. She is stated to potentially be capable of healing any form of bodily damage if the patient is be alive, even if hanging by a thin thread. However she isn't able to use it to heal herself, otherwise she would've been able to heal her legs the day she learned to heal any form of bodily damage. She can also activate cells within an organism's body, temporarily optimization them, making the affected look younger.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Customized Wheelchair: Her wheelchair is specifically customized by the Cranio Scientists, it contains a light machine gun and cannon with a caliber great enough to fit a human arm, as well as a machete-like weapon. They can be infused with sun flames for better bullet penetration and speed. There is also a special technology installed on her legs via the wheelchair. From the back of her knees, something like a plastic machine wraps around her legs, looking more like ribbons than armor. This allows her temporarily make use of her legs and gives her enough strength to kick a tiger to death, apparently through a motor in the back of her knees. Shota identified it as some powered casts for hospital patients he had seen in a commercial before.
- Sun Skull Ring: Given to her by Arisa after joining the Six Guardians, Latifa usually wears the ring on the middle finger of her right hand. Using the Sun Skull Ring, she has shown to emit powerful rain flames with 10 times the power of that of an ordinary Dying Will Flame Capacity. She can use it to open any Sun-Attribute Box Weapon and is able to use the ring as a catalyst for techniques that utilizes the Activation Characteristics of the Sun Flames. As with her fellow guardians, Latifa was acknowledged as a true wielder of the Cranio Rain Skull Ring. Increasing her power drastically compared to the previous generations, and also giving her access to the Cranio Gear that only the First Generation had access to.
- Spider Legs of the Sun ver. Cranio: The Spider Legs of the Sun is Cranio Gear that the Sun Skull Ring can switch into due to it accepting Latifa as a true wielder of the Skull Ring, manifesting her personality that was ingrained into the Skull Ring into the Cranio Gear. It takes the shape of four giant sun flames-powered spider-like limbs, as an exoskeletal mecha-armor. It has incredible precision and reaction speed, able to fire of ammunition powered by sun flames. As well as fire sun flames simply as projectiles. The Spider Legs symbolize Latifa's wish for her legs to function again while maintaining her current strength as a Sun Guardian of the Cranio Famiglia.
- Lucertola del Sereno ver. Cranio: Latifa's Box Weapon is nicknamed Lenny. Lenny is a large, vaguely reptile-like creature of unknown origins. It appears to share Latifa's extreme intelligence, and was observed to be capable of complex communications. Something that no other Box Weapon of the Guardians was seen capable of doing. It has displayed to have extremely immense strength, speed, and reflexes, though exact levels are not known. It's physical body grows and changes very quickly, growing or decreasing in size as it consumes or sheds material. Lenny's regenerative capabilities and resilience are staggering, and she has been seen moving and speaking with its body 87% destroyed or rotted.
- Asura Box: Asura Mode transforms Latifa into a lizard/human hybrid. In this form, Latifa regains the usage of her legs and is able to regenerate any part of her body due to the properties of lizards being able to regenerate their fallen tails. In combination with the Sun Flame's characteristic, Activation, it becomes almost immediate and hardly any damage is done. Additionally, the detached limbs can still move even after being separated. It is implied that these limbs can grow into a whole new body. Her new body also gives her augmented physical capabilities. Latifa is stated to be incapable of death when she enters Asura Mode.
- Leviathan's Dirty Boots: Leviathan's Dirty Boots is the Sun Attribute Cambio Forma of Lenny and Latifa. It takes the form of black boots that extend further up her legs, armor is generated on her shoulders and forearms, and the yellow scarf that Claude made her as a birthday gift is generated around her neck. When using Dirty Boots, she essentially regains the usage of her legs again. The strength of Dirty Boots increases as they become dirtier, regardless of whether it is from mud, blood, or any other substance. It also allows her to move at speeds greater than a normal Human's. Leviathan's Dirty Boots is named after the first generation Sun Guardian, Levina Ackerman nee' Thanami.
- Cambio Forma ver. Cranio Gear: When Lenny merges with Latifa's Cranio Gear, aside from the spider legs, Latifa also gains four mentally-controlled, sun flames-powered, prehensile titanium-steel tentacles attached to a stainless steel harness encircling her body from lower chest to waist. Each tentacle, approximately five inches in diameter, terminates in three single-jointed pincers. The pincers are able to rotate in relation to the arm for 360 degrees, in a screwdriver-like twisting motion. Each tentacles utilizes the damage previously taken and fires it in a blast of sun flames. The more damage taken before it is used, the more damage it deals.