Dynamite is a weapon used by Gokudera at medium range to blow enemies away. Gokudera's nickname was "Smokin' Bomb Hayato" due to his ability to hide them in any part of his body. Also, he is able to spontaneously light his bombs, supposedly from his cigarettes.
Dynamite[edit | edit source]
Dynamite is mainly used as an offensive weapon able to blow away and heavily damage enemies. The main drawback is its inaccuracy and speed. The Rocket Bombs that are later used by Gokudera in the Varia Arc have made up for these drawbacks, making it even more powerful. Dynamite can also be used as ammunition for the Flame Arrow.
Mini Bombs[edit | edit source]
Mini Bombs are tiny sticks of dynamite that have less power than normal dynamite, but can be used in close range. Gokudera generally uses this when he's in need of a speed burst (he does this by flicking the dynamite behind him) or when the enemy is too close to use normal dynamite.
Gokudera also uses this dynamite to perform combos with his larger dynamite sticks. In this case he uses the smaller dynamite as a visual trick.
Rocket Bombs[edit | edit source]
Rocket Bombs (ロケットボム, Roketto Bomu?)  are special bombs used by Gokudera. The bombs are enhanced and upgraded with propulsion powder to make up for their lack of speed and accuracy. Shamal claims that while Gokudera was watching a Trident Mosquito move at a fast rate, it gave him an idea to power up his dynamite.
First used against Belphegor. Designed to speed up his attacks. Each one of his Bombs, once thrown, causes the backside of the Bombs to fire up and rocket towards his opponent in a high-speed propulsion like heat-seeking missiles, which then hit squarely and explode on impact.
Smoke Bomb[edit | edit source]
The Smoke Bomb is a defensively used dynamite stick. Instead of exploding, it expels smoke from its lid and creates a wall of smoke that allows the user to escape or blind the enemy for a short period of time.
Bomb Trap[edit | edit source]
Bomb Traps are traps set with dynamite sticks that are stuck to a wall or the floor with tar or another black, sticky substance to explode and stop the enemy from running after the user so that the latter can run away. Leaving the enemy trapped in a stream of dynamites.
Techniques[edit | edit source]
Double Bombs[edit | edit source]
Double Bombs is Gokudera's regular attack. First used against Tsuna. He uses this technique by throwing 2 times the amount of bombs he usually throws, so he throws 16 dynamite sticks. Gokudera is a master of this attack and is able to use it easily and perfectly.
Double Bomb with Mini Bombs[edit | edit source]
Double Bombs with Mini Bombs is an attack Gokudera uses that utilizes perception to trick the enemy. Gokudera shouts "Double Bombs" to trick his enemy into thinking that he has only doubled the amount of dynamite. In reality, Gokudera throws a few Mini Bombs with his normal ones to trick his enemy into taking evasive maneuvers for the larger dynamite that they see. But in reality it's an illusion that they are all the same size. This allows the Mini Bombs to get in range of the enemy and blow up.
Triple Bombs[edit | edit source]
First used against Tsuna; perfected in the Storm Ring Battle against Belphegor. Triple Bombs is an attack used by Gokudera with his dynamite sticks by throwing 3 times the amount he usually throws, so he throws 24 dynamite sticks.
Pickpocket Bomb[edit | edit source]
With Pickpocket Bomb Gokudera puts a single Bomb on his target using his agile movements. First used against the Namimori High School Karate Club. Gokudera runs at the enemy and quickly puts small sticks of dynamite in their pockets or belts. His movement is so quick that the targets do not even realize what he's done.
Speed Bomb[edit | edit source]
First used against Chikusa Kakimoto. Speed Bomb is a technique in which Gokudera uses a tiny stick of dynamite to propel himself forward when he's unable to dodge an attack using his usual speed. Although effective, Gokudera has been shown to be reluctant to use this because it causes himself physical harm.
Bomb Spray[edit | edit source]
First used in the Storm Ring Battle. Bomb Spray is an attack in which the Gokudera flicks a dynamite stick at his opponent while in close proximity. However, the resulting explosion injures the user as well.
Bomb Blitz[edit | edit source]
First used against Hibari, Bomb Blitz (ボムスプレッズ, Bomu Supurezzu?) is an attack where Gokudera scatters dynamite under and behind the intended target while crossing paths with them, surrounding the target with dynamite.
Vongola Gear Dynamite[edit | edit source]
- Rocket Bomb Version X: Rocket Bombs that use Storm Flames. This gives them increased speed, power and homing capabilities.
- Air Bomb: Gokudera throws a bomb beneath him to propel himself great distances, similar to his Speed Bomb.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gokudera's dynamites bear the word "Dunamis" on their label, which is an Ancient Greek philosophical term used by Aristotle that translates to "potential," "possibility," and/or "capability." It is also the root of modern English words "dynamite," "dynamic," and "dynamo."
References[edit | edit source]
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 03: Chapter 021
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 12: Chapter 102
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 045
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 09: Chapter 073
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 024
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 08: Chapter 064
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 021
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 01: Chapter 003
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 002
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 007
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 12: Chapter 103
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! anime: Episode 046
- Amano, Akira. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. Tokyo: Shueisha, 2004–2012. Print. Vol. 06: Chapter 043