Daniela (ダニエラ, Daneala) was the eighth Boss of the Vongola Famiglia. She is shown with a flowery tattoo on her face and a crossbow. In a small Vongola family tree, she is shown to be the mother of Timoteo, the Vongola IX and the daughter of Fabio, the Vongola VII; thus, she appears along with the other Vongola Bosses when Tsuna undertook the Vongola Trial.
Daniela appears along with the rest of the previous Vongola Bosses when Tsuna was to undergo the Vongola Trial. While Tsuna was trapped in the hedgehog, his Vongola Ring started to emit violent images that were caused by the Vongola into his head. The previous Vongola Bosses stated that they were the past sins and crimes of the Vongola, and demanded Tsuna, who was the current wielder of the Sky Vongola Ring, to accept the bloody history of the Vongola Famiglia if he wanted to be strong; however, Tsuna refuses to do so and stated that he would rather destroy the Vongola than accept their sins. Vongola Primo and the other bosses accepted Tsuna's resolve as the successor to the Vongola and granted him the proof of the Vongola. Tsuna was then given the Version V.R. Gloves as proof that he had earned the Vongola inheritance.
During the Inheritance Ceremony, the Eighth appears in a small flashback of the Ninth, where it is revealed that Sin belongs to the Simon Famiglia and that it was the blood of Cozarto Simon; however, Timoteo states that he had never heard of a such thing before, and that when he received the "Sin" from the previous boss and his mother, Daniela, she told him that "this is war blood that must never be forgotten."
Weapons and Abilities
- Crossbow: It is Daniela's weapon, which is able to pierce its target.
- She is the only female Vongola Boss.
- According to Giannini, Daniela was a tomboy in her youth and "fought like Athena".
- Despite only making one appearance throught the series, Daniela has been well voted among readers. In two previous popularity polls, she ranked 6th and 10th.
- In the volume 28 character popularity comments, Daniela stated that she regarded the Vongola Primo as her hero.