Chrome Dokuro (クローム 髑髏, Kurōmu Dokuro) is a 13 year old girl wearing a Kokuyo school uniform and was first introduced as Tsuna's mystery Mist Guardian. She is a nice, innocent girl but can be very shy at times. She never opens up to anyone except Mukuro. This is because she had a completely non-social life before she met Mukuro. She gets confused when someone is kind to her since she had never imagined that her existence could be accepted by people. Chrome is almost never seen as angry or holding any grudges against people, even when she gets hurt. Because of her nature, some people can't be honest with her.
HistoryFrom what her parents talked about in a flashback, she was a girl known as Nagi and lived a non-social life. After trying to rescue a cat, she was badly injured in a car accident which led to the loss of her right eye and some of her internal organs. The only way to save her life would be to have someone, with the same blood type, transfer their organs to her. She did not care whether she lived or not and her mother refused to sacrifice her own organs anyway. However, Mukuro Rokudo heard her words and allowed her to live by creating Illusionary organs. However, if hers or Mukuro's Trident breaks, her stomach will sink in due to not having genuine organs. Chrome has been shown using two of Mukuro's six Skills. She is also trying hard to learn Italian, since her goal is to someday be able to converse with Mukuro in Italian.
Plot OverviewMammon. Later in the Sky Ring Battle, she is captured by Bel and Mammon and held hostage to convince Gokudera and Yamamoto to give up their Rings. Gokudera and Yamamoto attempt to save her but they get caught in an Illusion, Ryohei comes to the rescue and breaks the Illusion. Yamamoto and Gokudera managed to get the antidote for the poison injected into her and managed to save her. She is next seen defending Tsuna along with the other Guardians when the Sky Match finished, and Varia attempted to take the rings by force.
After being transferred into the Future with a frozen Vongola Ring, Chrome was confronted by Glo Xinia in the Kokuyo Gang's Hideout. With the help of Future Mukuro, she was able to thaw out her Ring and defeat Glo Xinia. Ryohei later brought Chrome to the Vongola Base. As she lay in sick bed, her Illusion internal organs begin to fail and disappear due to Mukuro's defeat in the hands of Byakuran. However she was able to use the Vongola Mist Ring to sustain her organs via her own Illusions with some help from Future Hibari. During the Invasion of the Melone Base, she appeared using Illusions to disguise herself with Hibari and Kusakabe who was carrying Lambo and I-Pin who she also used for her illusions. Along with the other Vongola Guardians, Chrome was given a Vongola Box Weapon.
The other members of the Family were at first worried that Chrome wasn't eating. However once she established a friendship with I-Pin, she began joining them for dinner, and she even learned how to cook. She later began training to master her Illusions with the virtual training challenge created by Mammon and her combat Abilities with Bianchi and I-Pin.
After being sent back to the past to train, the Guardians meet Giotto, who reveals that the 10th Generation Guardians have yet to inherit the true power of the Vongola. After Giotto leaves, Reborn states that he knows the procedure, and assigns tutors to all the Guardians. Viper becomes Chrome's tutor as they both posses the Mist Flame. She was later seen sitting in a corner at Kokuyo Land when her Vongola Ring lit up and Demon Spade showed himself. After he introduced himself, he did not ask about her resolve; he just looked and smiled at her.
The next day after Yamamoto failed the test, Kyoko, Haru, and Bianchi went to Kokuyo Land to give Chrome some food. However, Ken and Chikusa told them that Chrome had gone missing since the day they came back from the Future.
After the Vongola lost Choice, the Six Funeral Wreaths tried to capture Uni. Chrome used her Vongola Mist Owl Cambio Forma to see through the Illusions created by Torikabuto, aiding Tsuna in his fight. During the day of the final battle Chrome delivered the Vongola Mist Box to Mukuro but fainted shortly after seeing him for the first time. After Byakuran was defeated, M.M warned Chrome that Mukuro is a fearsome person. Before Chrome can answer this, they were interupted by Ken who called her that it almost time to go back. Later, Future Chrome was seen waiting for Tsuna along with the other future Guardians.
Chrome is shown to be going to the grocery store to buy candy bars and other unhealthy stuff while being stalked by Julie Katou, who she never noticed. Without knowing, she is grouped with him to patrol other areas near Kokuyou to protect Tsuna by Gokudera.
Chrome is really loyal to Mukuro and admires him because he gave her a chance to live. She really cares for him and opens up to him everytime they communicate. Mukuro is also kind to her but it is still is unknown if it is an honest behavior or just an act. But he has shown concern for her many times. At the battle with Glo Xinia, he shudders when Glo Xinia commented of how precious Chrome is to him and also, after that event, he told Tsuna to not drag her out of his reach and even requested him to protect her. However, at the end of the Future Arc, M.M. tells her that Mukuro is just using her to get out of the Vendicare Prison, after they returned to the past. She tells her to stay away from Mukuro and says that he is a fearsome person. Chrome seems aware of M.M's warning and Mukuro's personality towards other people but decides to keep quiet and continues to be loyal to him, this may mean that she doesn't mind even though Mukuro is just using her.
Ken & Chikusa
Chrome sees them as important people she wants to protect. Even though Ken always mocks and berates her, she doesn't seem to mind it. Ken and Chikusa, actually, also really care for her well-being but refuse to show it, especially Ken. Evidence of this can be seen when they saved her during the Cloud ring battle and Sky match. In the Arcobaleno Trial arc (anime only), Ken gave her many sweets and when asked by Chikusa, he said he only bought it because they haven't used any money since her disappearance. Chikusa, aware of Ken's real intention, accepts this story, much to Ken's anger.
M.M is seen to have a huge dislike towards Chrome. This could be because of her possible feelings toward Mukuro, and she becomes jealous of Chrome. She has slapped her and called her ugly. But after the final battle with Byakuran, she told Chrome to stay away from Mukuro since he was a fearsome person, and she was concerned about it. This may mean she has some level of concern for Chrome. Chrome doesn't seem to show anger towards her , nor does she seem to hate her.
I-Pin, Kyoko, & Haru
At first, Chrome is extremely shy towards all members of the family and would run away from any sign of kindness or courtesy, like when she is offered dinner or asked to eat with them, but after I-Pin offers her a bun to eat, Chrome starts warming up to the generosity of others. She then begins to help Kyoko and Haru prepare dishes for the family. She now eats dinner with them regularly. I-Pin is often encouraging her gently to be more sociable and accept other people's kindness. Now when she is usually seen, she is with either I-Pin, Kyoko, or Haru.
Abilities & Weapons
As Mukuro shares Chrome's body, she is granted the powers of "Six Paths of Reincarnation" though so far she is only proficient in Illusions and summoning animals. Chrome also uses Mukuro's Trident. The Trident can fit into a small bag by retracting the poles of the trident and the handle.
- Vongola Mist Ring - Won during the Mist Ring Battle. As part of the Tri-ni-set it is classed as S-rank. Chrome shares the Ring with Mukuro and usually wears it when he is in jail. Ten years in the future, the Vongola rings were destroyed by Tsuna, however they were later brought back from the past with the Ten Year Bazooka. Chrome is capable of bringing out Mist Dying Will Flames from her Ring and use it's Construction ability to create Real Illusions. The Vongola Guardians were later accepted by the First Vongola Boss as the rightful owners of the Vongola Rings and were granted their true forms.
- Gufo della Nebbia lit. Mist Owl Chrome acquires it in her battle with Glo Xinia as it is inhabited by Mukuro, which changed it from a Rain Box Weapon to a Mist Box Weapon.
- Vongola Mist Owl This is Chrome's Vongola Box Weapon. It appears to look much like her Mist Owl but with armour padding on it's wings. In Cambio Forma the owl turns into Demon Spade's Evil Lens. These Lens enable Chrome to see through any Illusion.
Win Loss Battle Record
- Her last name, Dokuro, means "skull" in Japanese, though another meaning is poison mist. Also, the Japanese rōmaji of her name, Kurōmu Dokuro, is an anagram of Mukuro Rokudō.
- In the Reborn! Fandom, Chrome is known as [Fandom Shorthands|96]] the opposite of Mukuro's 69.
- She is the only Female Guardian in the Family.
- During her fight with Glo Xinia, she remarks that blushing is something she inherited.
- In a recent popularity poll, she ranked 12th and thus make her ranked 2nd among the female characters after Daniela.
- Unlike the other Guardians, Chrome does not resemble the First Mist Guardian (Demon Spade) though Mukuro does.
- She has two character songs, namely, Setsuna no Kioku and Namida no Ondo.
- She is the only Guardian who didn't have any Relationships with Tsuna prior to gaining her Vongola Ring; although, Mukuro does.
- She always buys unhealthy food, maybe because Ken "ordered" her to since he likes sweets. Chikusa also mention this in anime that they feed Chrome with many sweets much to Tsuna's surprise. And she, like Mukuro, is fond of Chocolate.
- In the 2008 survey, "The Character I Want To Be My Bride", Chrome ranked 10th. In the 2009 survey she ranked 7th.
- When she used Demon Spade's evil lens, she used it on her left eye while Mukuro on his right eye.
- She seems to like skulls since her boots, belt, eye-patch, and even her pocket money has a skull picture on it.
- Openings Featured in: