It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Chrome Dokuro, her original name being Nagi, is the unofficial Tenth Generation Mist Guardian of the Vongola Famiglia. She serves as Mukuro's vessel and connection to the world outside the Vendicare Prison.
Chrome is a short, slim, and rather petite girl. She is often described as a cute and sweet girl, as commented by Mukuro, Belphegor, and Julie, or when she transfers to Namimori Middle School and attracts the attention of many of her male classmates. She has short, pineapple-shaped, purple hair and violet eyes. Her right eye is covered with a black eye patch with a chrome-colored skull (髑髏, Dokuro) after being injured in a car crash. During her daily activities in the future, she sometimes replaced her skull eyepatch with the normal one.
She is mostly seen wearing the green Kokuyo Middle School uniform like the rest of the Kokuyo Junior High Gang. She has also been seen wearing the Simon uniform or Namimori uniform. With whatever she wears, she was usually seen with her bag, in which she stores her Trident. In a chapter cover which shows her current self and Nagi, Nagi is shown to wear a sailor uniform, implying that she used to attend public school prior to her accident. When in an illusionary world, she has longer hair with bangs covering her lost right eye and was seen wearing a plain white gown. This is shown to be a similar version of Nagi before the incident minus the hair covering her right eye.
The Future version of her is briefly seen at the end of the Future Arc. From her younger counterpart, Chrome had let her hair grow back longer with her bangs being short but off to the right side; she had gotten rid of her skull eye patch and the "pineapple" hair. It's also shown she has a sense of style wearing a simple shirt, skirt, with a jacket. Contrary to this, in other official artwork, Chrome had her bangs even shorter and still retained a "pineapple" hairstyle with her longer hair look. She also had a different styled eye patch with stars on it.
Due to her once anti-social life as Nagi, she has difficulty opening up to others, except to Mukuro. Because she is used to being neglected and treated poorly, actions where someone is kind and caring to her makes her very confused and shy, such as when she avoided Kyoko and Haru who were being friendly to her. Bianchi noted this that while being kind was natural to Kyoko and Haru, to Chrome, it was completely new and alien to her. Because of her timid nature, she never talks nor fights back if someone badmouths or even hurt her, and merely accepted it calmly, such as when Ken or M.M. mocks her or slaps her. This made some people can't be honest with her or think of her as pitiful, though this didn't stop them from showing concern for her every now and then. She also lacked confidence and used to tend on Mukuro for help, despite her own desire to become stronger. Her lack of self-esteem and her dependency on Mukuro consequently hindered her growth. However, as the story progress, she becomes determined to become stronger and independent to help the people who are dear to her with her own power.
Weapons and Abilities
Chrome is a talented illusionist and fighter, something that Mukuro and Mammon acknowledges. Her illusion is so strong that Mammon stated during their battle that if he had believed Chrome's illusion for a second, he would be done for. Also, during the inheritance ceremony, Mammon stated that only a true expert could see through her illusion. Unfortunately, Chrome's lack of confidence and her dependency on Mukuro limited her growth. Once she's able to overcome her dependency, her true skill finally flourished and she able to create her own organs just as strong as the ones Mukuro gave her. She became strong enough to the point Mukuro commented that her power was even greater than Flan's, who was powerful enough to make illusions that could even fool the Vindice.
- Six Paths of Reincarnation: Because Mukuro shares Chrome's body, she is granted the powers of Six Paths of Reincarnation though so far she is only proficient in Illusions and summoning animals. After Mukuro was freed, however, she's unable to use this technique again as they no longer share one body.
- Cortina Nebbia: She is able to create a Mist Barrier from her Mist Flame, that traps anyone in it. When under Daemon's control, this technique become dangerous for the creator itself; if the barrier ever is broken, the creator will die.
- Genjū Mugaia: She combines her illusion with Mukuro's illusion and creates a much more powerful version of Genjū Gagaia.
- Trident: Chrome uses a Trident similar to Mukuro's. The Trident can fit into a small bag by retracting the poles of the Trident and the handle. Mukuro constructed the trident for her using his illusions. Later, she is able to construct her own Trident that differs from Mukuro's with only a single spike.
- Vongola Mist Ring: Won during the Mist Ring Battle. As part of the Tri-ni-set it is classed as S-rank. Chrome shares the Ring with Mukuro and usually wears it when he is in jail. Ten years in the Future, the Vongola Rings were destroyed by Tsuna, however they were later brought back from the past with the Ten Year Bazooka. Chrome is capable of bringing out Mist Dying Will Flames from her Ring and uses its Construction ability to create Real Illusions. The Vongola Guardians were later accepted by the First Vongola Boss as the rightful owners of the Vongola Rings and were granted their true forms.
- Gufo della Nebbia (Mist Owl): Chrome acquires it in her battle with Glo Xinia as it is inhabited by Mukuro, which changed it from a Rain Box Weapon to a Mist Box Weapon.
- Vongola Mist Owl: This is Chrome's Vongola Box Weapon. It appears to look much like her Mist Owl but with armour padding on its wings. In Cambio Forma, the owl turns into Daemon Spade's Devil Lens. These Lens allow Chrome to see through any Illusion.
- Vongola Box Ring (Mukuro): At the end of the Future Arc after Byakuran was defeated, the Vongola were told that they can't take the Vongola Boxes with them. But with Verde's help, the Vongola Boxes were turned into Rings and were brought back to the present with the Vongola.
- Earring of the Mist Version X: It’s the upgraded version of the Mist Original Vongola Ring. Chrome gained it in the Ore form, but when Mukuro possessed her, he activated it and gave this shape to fight with Daemon Spade. After Mukuro was freed, she no longer owns it as the earrings were given to Mukuro.
Appearance in other Media
She appears in the second volume of the Reborn! novel "Hidden Bullet: 2X-Fiamma," which explains how she first met Ken and Chikusa. She also appears as a main character in the Drama CD 'Chrome Saw it! Happy Day at Kokuyo Land', in which she meets Lambo, who sees her learning Italian and tries to teach her. Then, she meets Tsuna and after some events, Lambo spills the bucket of water that Chrome had brought from the bathhouse for Ken onto her. Tsuna offers to let her go to her house to dry her wet Kokuyo uniform and change into dry clothes. While she is changing, Ken and Chikusa suddenly arrive at Tsuna's house and much to Tsuna's protests, Ken keeps banging on the door of the room Chrome is in and tells her to come out. When Ken actually says 'the pineapple head inside', Chrome switches with Mukuro and the latter uses his First Realm on Ken. At the end of the day, Chrome heads back with Ken and Chikusa but not before Tsuna asks why Chrome is with those two. She states that it is because Mukuro told her to and because they were her first comrades that she trusted.
- Chrome's Fandom Shorthand is 96, the opposite of Mukuro's 69.
- Chrome's monthly allowance is 500 yen; however, for bathing, Ken pays for her.
- The Japanese rōmaji of her name, Kurōmu Dokuro, is an anagram of Mukuro Rokudō.
- Her favorite foods are wheat, chocolate, and malt sugar. She dislikes eating oily food and pineapples. Ironically, she has the same "pineapple" hairstyle like Mukuro. Also, in Everyone's One Day Activities, during their party, Mukuro ordered her to wear a pineapple costume, with her hair as the spikes.
- Her favorite animal is cat.
- Her real name, Nagi, means calm.
- In the 2007 and 2008 popularity poll for "the character I want as a bride," Chrome ranked tenth and seventh respectively.
- She spoke Italian twice in the manga, first when she introduced herself on her first appearance, and then when she invaded Merone Base before saving Gokudera. However, these were replaced with Japanese in anime.
- According to the fanbook and light novel, her mother is a famous star and her step-father is the assistant manager in a famous overseas company.
- Her main goal is to one day converse with Mukuro in Italian.
- In the most recent popularity poll, she ranked 11th. In three previous polls, Chrome ranked 10th and 13th and ranked 1st in the female popularity poll, making her the most popular female character in the series.
- In the anime, she first met Ken and Chikusa at Kokuyo Land when Mukuro promised her that they would meet them.
- In the second volume of Hidden Bullet Novel: mono.CHROME, it's revealed that Chrome has a habit to give someone a blank stare if she feels the person (particularly Ken) is having a fit.
- In the anime Chrome is not very good at cooking, but in the novel series she's an excellent cook.
- According to Fuuta's ranking data book in volume 36, Chrome ranked 1st as "the most wanted mafia member."
- In Hidden Bullet volume 2 post script, Koyasu Hideaki stated that Chrome is his favourite character in Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Flame Rumble video game.
- Together with Mukuro, Chrome is one of the only three characters to have a story mode in Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Kindan no Yami no Delta video game, the other two being Tsuna and Xanxus.
- She participates in extra chapter "What if Reborn!" as a hairdresser. However, the hair salon she is working at only has pineapple hairstyle cut.
- According to Reborn! ēlDLIVE Character's 365, she likes the times whenever she feels Mukuro's presence, wheat chocolate, and public bath. She dislikes when Ken being mean to her and the dryness of winter.