It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Byakuran is the former Boss of the Gesso Famiglia and the current leader of the Millefiore Famiglia. Due to the actions committed by his future-self, he is considered the main antagonist of the Future Arc. In the present, he is chosen as Uni's representative in the Representative Battle of the Rainbow.
Byakuran has spiky white hair and light purple eyes. His distinguishing feature is a purple tattoo under his left eye. In his first appearance, he wears the standard White Spell uniform with a Mare Ring symbol on the side of his shirt and has silver shoulder pads with the Millefiore insignia like the other members. In the Choice Arc, Byakuran wears a white shirt under a black jacket with the Millefiore insignia. Kikyo and Zakuro also wear the same outfit. In the final battle, Byakuran wears a white outfit and a purple jacket; he also has scars on his back, where he grows his black and white wings. In the present, he dons more casual clothing, wearing a hooded vest, a long-sleeved shirt, still wearing his choker, a loose belt, and ripped jeans.
During his first appearance in the Future Arc, he is shown to have a cheerful disposition around his subordinates, especially toward Shoichi Irie, even though he knew of the latter's betrayal. He even threatens one of his Funeral Wreaths, Bluebell, after she suggests he kill Yuni for her acting arbitrarily. Otherwise, this is only if they hold his interest; he hides his ruthlessness and cruelty behind a good-natured facade. Once he "gets bored" of someone, he won't hesitate to have them killed. He will do anything to achieve his goal, not caring if it would mean sacrificing innocent people or destroying the world, even referring to them as his toys.
In the present time, however, after his future-self was defeated by Tsuna, Byakuran seems to have had a change of heart even though he still retains his carefree and easy-going personality, which Gamma finds annoying most of the time. His change was clearly proven when he protected Tsuna from Colonnello's Maximum Rifle simply for the sake of Yuni, who has been kind to him from the bottom of her heart, stating that he would protect her.
Weapons and Abilities
Due to Shoichi traveling to the future and meeting two versions of Byakuran, Byakuran is mentally connected to every other Byakuran living in the separate parallel universes. This knowledge is utilized as a battle advantage: the Real Six Funeral Wreaths know about the techniques of the enemies he fought in these worlds. However, Byakuran becomes greatly weakened and needs a day to recover after using this ability. It is also mentioned by Yuni that Byakuran's powers are growing weaker over time.
- Sky Mare Ring: Granted to Byakuran due to his ability to see into parallel worlds. Byakuran is capable of firing bolts of energy from the Ring and has several White Dragons that appear to grow from it, to aid him when fighting.
- Ghost: Ghost has the ability to drain the Dying Will Flames of all those who are close by; however, he is also a version of Byakuran brought from another parallel world. As such, Byakuran can steal any Dying Will Flames Ghost absorbs and make them his own, greatly increasing his speed, stamina, and attack power.
- White Dragon: The White Dragon is Byakuran's Box Weapon. It was made with the highly advanced technology of the Millefiore Famiglia and is exclusively for him.
- Black Dragon: The Black Dragon is a Box Animal used by Byakuran. Unlike the White Dragon, the Black Dragon is able to split and multiply, making it harder for the enemy to avoid attacks.
- Wings: Byakuran's scars on his back have been revealed to be space for him to grow a set of White Wings made of Dying Will Flames (however, these are possibly only for appearance's sake, as he already has Flame Boots). They also seem to be a result of looking into parallel worlds. Once torn off, they grow back as a black pair capable of morphing into claws. Byakuran's final attack can be compared to Tsuna's X-Burner, only with black Flames. However, Byakuran grows roots from his back that shoot out of his legs to support him during this attack instead of using a Flame "cushion."
- White Applause: Byakuran can negate any attack by clapping his hands. This technique requires a certain degree of power to match the opponent's attack, however, as Byakuran's palms were injured when he tried to negate Tsuna's more powerful Burning Axel.
- White Finger: Byakuran simply focuses Sky Flames from his ring and launches a powerful shockwave type attack that blasts his opponent with tremendous force from his finger.
- Transparent Giant Hand: Byakuran is able to create a giant hand which is linked to his own, to capture the enemy from a distance.
- Black Flame Attack: Byakuran grows roots from his back that shoot out from his legs and plant themselves in the ground in order to stabilize him. Next, Byakuran concentrates Black Flames from his hand which rotates at an extremely high speed and then releases them as a blast.
- Healing: Due to the vast knowledge he gained from the Parallel Worlds, Byakuran knows extensive healing techniques. His skill in this area is so great that he could completely heal a person whose condition is critical enough for regular doctors to give up hope.
- Byakuran participated in an extra manga skit called "What if Reborn!" as a grocery store worker. However, all of the vegetables he sells turn out to be marshmallows.
- Byakuran's Future self is the first person that Tsuna has ever killed.
- The Real Six Funeral Wreaths are all named after flowers. Byakuran was named after the white orchid.
- His shorthand used in fandom is 100, because the first kanji of his name can be read as 'Byaku' which is used for '100' as well as means 'white'.
- He has a sweet tooth, as he is often seen eating various confections throughout the manga and anime, namely marshmallows. One of his new favorite candies is Namimori's style custard cream puffs, similar to Kyoko's favorite.
- When the people from the present that went to future returned to the past, the present Byakuran is seen without his tattoo; however, in Inheritance Ceremony Arc and Curse of the Rainbow Arc, Byakuran has the tattoo.
- In the most recent poll, Byakuran ranked 7th in strength.
- During Mr Rebokku's Ciao Ciao Interview, Byakuran stated that his favorite word was 'World Peace'.
- Byakuran has two character songs: Perfect World and PARADE.