It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Alaude is the first generation Cloud Guardian of the Vongola Famiglia. He is the head of an unnamed secret intelligence agency in an unidentified country and is also the founder of CEDEF, thus he was also the famiglia's first external advisor.
Character Outline Edit
Alaude has platinum blonde hair and ice blue eyes. He wears a buttoned trench coat which is a dark shade of gray, his tie is black and he wears a dark purple-grey dress shirt.
Similar to Kyoya Hibari, Alaude is a loner, preferring to work alone, unsocial due to feeling bound, confident with his own strength and power and not interested in fighting opponents that do not warrant their attention (Just like when he refused to fight Hibari because he said that has no interest in fighting "a mere child"). Despite this, according to Dino, whenever his comrades are in trouble, he will help them and show benevolence towards them more than anyone else.
However, unlike Hibari, Alaude seems to be more level-headed, mature and calm, though Knuckle noted that when Alaude was younger, he shared Hibari's bloodlust. Also, despite his dislike of affiliating with anyone, Alaude doesn't seem to mind hanging around with Primo and other Guardians, since he accepted Primo's invitation to have a dinner with them together and even do paperwork together with them in the same room (in the Drama CD), showing that he's much more tolerant, which contrast with Hibari who would forcefully beat up Tsuna and his friends without a second thought if they are gathering around him, something that hasn't changed much even in the future.
Weapons and Abilities Edit
Alaude was a powerful fighter who never stood with the rest of the Family. However, it was said that whenever Giotto's and his version of justice coincided, he took down more enemies and showed more compassion than the others. Daemon Spade also mentioned he was the strongest guardian of Giotto's Family.
- Alaude's Handcuffs: Handcuffs capable of multiplying rapidly using the Cloud Flame's Propagation. These handcuffs have incredible restraining ability, as well being able to multiply incredibly fast. The cuffs are even capable of changing shape to match the enemy's body shape to completely restrain them. Once the enemy is restrained, this weapon is capable of crushing the enemy to death with a pull of its chains.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Hibari in both looks and mannerisms with very few differences. Their similarities are:
- Both have the same appearance, but different hair colours, and Alaude's hair is spikier.
- Both of their names mean "skylark". (Alaude in French; Hibari in Japanese)
- Both are said to be the strongest Guardians of their generation.
- Both use Alaude's Handcuffs.
- Both work in some intelligence group.
- Both, along with Fon, has the same Seiyuu.
- Both have the same attitude.
- Both never sacrifice their own will to anyone else.
- Both walk a different path than the Vongola Famiglia.
- Both, later, have a respect to their Vongola Boss (According to Dino, Giotto's cause and Alaude's own cause would cross paths. When they would work together, they were able to defeat a great number of enemies and were most kind to their allies; while in the Future, Tsuna had already become strong enough to earn Hibari's respect and even make a plan together with Irie to defeat the Millefiore Famiglia).
- According to Knuckle, when Alaude was younger he had the same bloodlust personality as Hibari.
- His relationship with Knuckle is similar to Hibari's relationship with Ryohei in the future.
- In most Reborn! products, his name is written as "Alaudi".
- It's revealed that he is the busiest of the first generation due to his position as Giotto's Cloud Guardian, CEDEF Boss, and the head of a secret intelligence agency.
- He also bears a resemblance to Netaro Nemuri, the main character of Akira Amano's oneshot, Nemuri Netaro Arawaru.